I need some tips to get louder!!! 144.9 aint cutting it

very short description of my system:

let me know what yall think.

Scores are 144.9 first try haters everywhere by two five subs are still pretty much brand new. but it took serious abuse from my amp to get that number signal was clipped as fvck and subs sounded like trash when i was hitting that. i was doing 141 with the subs sounding good which is unacceptable for the equipment i have. and it sounds loud as hell to the ear with the windows open or closed

anyone got anytips to improve my spl

things i need to do:

add bracing (how should i go about this, what panels should i brace?)

Add poly lining on the inside of the box (supposedly will make it souns less boomy, not sure about scores tho)

i want to put 45's in all the corners as well as the port bend corner.

I want to seal the box off to the cabin as of now theres a 1 inch gap above the box for air to get back into the trunk

doing these thing i would imagine will give me about 1db at most. theres gotta be something else i can do to get that score up.

If you watched the vids you can see i have 2 seperate boxes. I can put the ports so that they are on the outsides instead of in the center if that will add anything.

also each box is 2 cubes net tunes to ~37 hz and has 48" port area (96 inches of port area between both boxes and 4 cubes net)

Current setup:

pioneer 590ib hu

2 12" 09 rd alphas box is 4 cubes net tuned to 36 hz 96 inches of port area

at3000.1d sub amp

polk mm6 front stage, powered by soundmagus cp91 bridged

jbl/infinity hybrid comps for the rear hu power

got 2 stinger spv70's, 200 amp alt and tons of 1/0 to fuel the watts

all inside a 2000 chrysler 300m

Hit 142.9 with old box and 08 alpha v2's

New numbers this sunday looking for 145+

NEW NUMBERS: 144.9 with new alphas not broken in yet.

If anyone wants to know how to get a great deal on BNIB BTL pm me.

ok if it sounds good and is loud to you why do you care what the meter says, are you going to compete more often if you are ditch the alphas they are no where near an spl woofer meant to sound good, and you need to test and test some more to find the best box alignment it might not be the best sub and port forward in your car.

TEAM NEMESIS

my system

1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21

2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz

Meca scores

1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz,

1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz

Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train

Man that looks like its beatin pretty hard already!!!

98 Toyota Camry

Eclipse AVN-6600

AudioControl 3.1

AudioControl Epicenter

US Amps AX2000

US Amps MD-43

1 set Alpine type X components

1 set RF Power components

1 12" RE Audio XXX

220 Amp Iraggi Alt.

Red Top (Front)

Kinetic HC-600 (Back)

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

24 sq inches of port per cube?

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

First off aeroports, nuff said. Really though 2 cubes per woofer is a good size to have when you want to run daily but have pretty decent spl. Here's what I suggest build yourself a single chamber 4 cube box after displacement and run a single 8" flared port to whatever length you want it to be to tune it. Let's say you want to tune to 36hz it would need to be 20" long. The single flared port will increase efficiency way way better than the slot ports do. I would bet that you will see at least 1K more watts out of your amp by going to a single chamber box with a flared port, not to mention probably a 1-1.5db gain to start.

Next thing, what impedence are your subs? If your running that amp at 1 ohm that is also another problem. It won't make shit for power after impedence rise and if I had to guess I'd bet that your actually seeing around 1800 or so watts out of it instead of the 3K+ you should be seeing. There are two options for you at this point. One I'm assuming that you have dual 1's to run the amp at 1 ohm so you could get rid of the Atomic 3K and get two 1500's to run each at .5 ohms. That was good for a 1.8db gain in my car by switching out a single 3K amp to 2 1500's cause I could drop the 1500's down to .5 ohms each. The second thing you could do which would help but not as much as the first is recone the subs to dual 2's so you can wire the 3K down to .5 ohms. That will give you less rise and more power, but not as much as splitting the impedence between two amps.

If you want any help pm me and I'll give you any advice that you need. I can also show you who can make you 8" flared ports, or where you can get the stuff to do it yourself.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

First off aeroports, nuff said. Really though 2 cubes per woofer is a good size to have when you want to run daily but have pretty decent spl. Here's what I suggest build yourself a single chamber 4 cube box after displacement and run a single 8" flared port to whatever length you want it to be to tune it. Let's say you want to tune to 36hz it would need to be 20" long. The single flared port will increase efficiency way way better than the slot ports do. I would bet that you will see at least 1K more watts out of your amp by going to a single chamber box with a flared port, not to mention probably a 1-1.5db gain to start.

Next thing, what impedence are your subs? If your running that amp at 1 ohm that is also another problem. It won't make shit for power after impedence rise and if I had to guess I'd bet that your actually seeing around 1800 or so watts out of it instead of the 3K+ you should be seeing. There are two options for you at this point. One I'm assuming that you have dual 1's to run the amp at 1 ohm so you could get rid of the Atomic 3K and get two 1500's to run each at .5 ohms. That was good for a 1.8db gain in my car by switching out a single 3K amp to 2 1500's cause I could drop the 1500's down to .5 ohms each. The second thing you could do which would help but not as much as the first is recone the subs to dual 2's so you can wire the 3K down to .5 ohms. That will give you less rise and more power, but not as much as splitting the impedence between two amps.

If you want any help pm me and I'll give you any advice that you need. I can also show you who can make you 8" flared ports, or where you can get the stuff to do it yourself.

My subs are dual 2's im running my amp at .5 ohm. I need 2 seperate boxes or they wont fit in my trunk the opening and i dont want to build in cuz them its pretty much permanent at that point.

im buying a second 3000.1 for comps so each amp will be at 1 ohm on one alpha each for metering, i will just run one for daily.

i guess im happy with it it just does not meter well andit makes no sence to me. it sounds way louder than my old setup was but its only 2 db more on the meter?

Current setup:

pioneer 590ib hu

2 12" 09 rd alphas box is 4 cubes net tuned to 36 hz 96 inches of port area

at3000.1d sub amp

polk mm6 front stage, powered by soundmagus cp91 bridged

jbl/infinity hybrid comps for the rear hu power

got 2 stinger spv70's, 200 amp alt and tons of 1/0 to fuel the watts

all inside a 2000 chrysler 300m

Hit 142.9 with old box and 08 alpha v2's

New numbers this sunday looking for 145+

NEW NUMBERS: 144.9 with new alphas not broken in yet.

If anyone wants to know how to get a great deal on BNIB BTL pm me.

My subs are dual 2's im running my amp at .5 ohm. I need 2 seperate boxes or they wont fit in my trunk the opening and i dont want to build in cuz them its pretty much permanent at that point.

im buying a second 3000.1 for comps so each amp will be at 1 ohm on one alpha each for metering, i will just run one for daily.

i guess im happy with it it just does not meter well andit makes no sence to me. it sounds way louder than my old setup was but its only 2 db more on the meter?

Well every 3 dB's they say is double the intensity to the human ear. this isnt realy relivent but its kinda cool to read this.

http://harada-sound.com/sound/handbook/basicterms.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

not sayign your wrong but i thought it was 3db for the mic to be doubled and 10 db for the human to hear doubled...

i may be wrong but thats what ive seen/heard before...does it mention that in your link Kian? i need to read over it...looks like it could be some good info

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

not sayign your wrong but i thought it was 3db for the mic to be doubled and 10 db for the human to hear doubled...

i may be wrong but thats what ive seen/heard before...does it mention that in your link Kian? i need to read over it...looks like it could be some good info

3db is around the range a human ear can tell its difference, but ya for human ear its 10dB to be double'd louder

for on mic is 3 (double power or cone area to get this), do Chode69. i'm with u on this one

www.myspace.com/Sadmule

Manager/Installer @

Custom Acoustics

116 E Church ST

Marshalltown, IA 50158

12+yrs installing

System of the Month! Come vote on the 20th!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=51696

Here is my install for the running

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=50210

lower freq's appear louder to human ear

so a 140dB @ 40hz might sound louder than a 142 @ 60hz

www.myspace.com/Sadmule

Manager/Installer @

Custom Acoustics

116 E Church ST

Marshalltown, IA 50158

12+yrs installing

System of the Month! Come vote on the 20th!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=51696

Here is my install for the running

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=50210