Atomic Apocalypse X 18 HT (pics incl.)

I just finished my box and dont have an amp yet so I thought in the mean time I would hook it up to my HT and see what happens. I had the sub that came with my Yamaha Htr 5935 and it wasnt great, not much volume. Well with only 120 watts per channel max I figured nothing would come out of my sub. Its an Atomic Apocalypse X 18 with a fresh recone (the reconing company didnt have Atomic dustcaps so they threw on an RE). Well I turned on Lost by Gorilla Zoe and I couldnt believe it. With the cone not even moving my house was shaking rediculous. My neighbors came over to check it out because they could hear it! Needless to say its impressive. Cant wait to get it in my car on 3500rms! Its going to be stupid!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

your ported box seems to have a random hole cutout in it. :lol:

I set it up while I made the port. Port is now in. It is a temp box because I wanted to play with port length and port area. Ive started with Atomics port recc. and it seems perfect, though im going to try a few different lengths before I try more port area and different lengths. Then permanent box will be 2 layers of 1" birch.

FUCKIN AWESOME!!!! beats my lil 5.25 Tang Band

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

That tuning seems more like home audio then home theater. I'd tune lower around 20hz tops if this is for home theater.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

^^^........... :fool:

Cant wait to get it in my car on 3500rms! Its going to be stupid!

vids when its in the car man!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived