Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

FI BL magnet weight???


newls1

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just wondering how many "OZ" the magnet weighs on the BL? Thanks

Probably around 200oz or so. A lot of the weight of the speaker comes from the top and bottom plates, but I'm not sure if that's the case with the bl's or not. The top and bottom plates don't look all that big on the new bl.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

Well Crump t-1's new BL Weighs 41 pounds, idk how to transfer that into oz.

:)

No, your adding up total weight, not what im looking for, but thanks for trying :give_rose: I'm trying to compare the difference in the 2 choices of drivers that I'm wanting to get. AudioQue HDC3A's have a 340oz MAGNET, which seems like a beast, and im trying to get the magnet weight of the BL. I know this might not be a very good indicator for a speaker, but I would like to know anyways. DECAF.....If you chime in, I know we had many PMs about similar questions, so don't be pissed :friends: . Im really leaning toward the AQ's as I can get an 8 layer aluminum VC HDC3 18 for I think 370 or so bucks, and should be a better handling driver for 2k RMS each X4. AQ just seems to have some fine ass pricing. I loved my 08 model BL's, but I think I might go a different route then FI this time around. The BTL's are nearly $500 each, so that would be 2000bones just for drivers. I can save $400 if I go with AQ, I just hope I will not loose out in the lowend, you know what I mean.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted

off topic, better?

On topic, i have no idea, email Fi maybe?

Look, your smart ass comments in my thread need to stop. I cleaned up the thread crapping, now if you can provide useful help on this topic, please do, but if not, DONT REPLY.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted

Did not mean to be a smartass. Like i said, email Fi. probably the easiest way for you to get an answer to the question you have.

Also, check ur PM box.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Posted

No, your adding up total weight, not what im looking for, but thanks for trying :give_rose: I'm trying to compare the difference in the 2 choices of drivers that I'm wanting to get. AudioQue HDC3A's have a 340oz MAGNET, which seems like a beast, and im trying to get the magnet weight of the BL. I know this might not be a very good indicator for a speaker, but I would like to know anyways. DECAF.....If you chime in, I know we had many PMs about similar questions, so don't be pissed :friends: . Im really leaning toward the AQ's as I can get an 8 layer aluminum VC HDC3 18 for I think 370 or so bucks, and should be a better handling driver for 2k RMS each X4. AQ just seems to have some fine ass pricing. I loved my 08 model BL's, but I think I might go a different route then FI this time around. The BTL's are nearly $500 each, so that would be 2000bones just for drivers. I can save $400 if I go with AQ, I just hope I will not loose out in the lowend, you know what I mean.

aq = 340+ shipping

fi = 384 fully loaded (dont know about shipping)

u know my choice, simply because CS and not needing to tune as low... so ull remain louder overall with the aq's imo with the power i thought u decided on (2200w X 4)

you might not be able to pick a custom dustcap color, but u can get different spider packs and upgrade/downgrade within the same driver since u can pick vc type and spider packs for whatever power u have

talk to someone from team D.O.A. they have great daily drivers doing high 140-150s and murder lows just as much as headsplitting highs

hell mlstrass uses them in a "sq" car doing 147ish

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Posted

aq = 340+ shipping

fi = 384 fully loaded (dont know about shipping)

u know my choice, simply because CS and not needing to tune as low... so ull remain louder overall with the aq's imo with the power i thought u decided on (2200w X 4)

you might not be able to pick a custom dustcap color, but u can get different spider packs and upgrade/downgrade within the same driver since u can pick vc type and spider packs for whatever power u have

talk to someone from team D.O.A. they have great daily drivers doing high 140-150s and murder lows just as much as headsplitting highs

hell mlstrass uses them in a "sq" car doing 147ish

Talking w/ DJ I asked him if I could compare the quality of the HDC3 to "what" Fi driver, and he said the HDC3 is a close match for the BTL, of course there are differences. I'm going to call him Monday, and then i'll hit you up via PM, and let you know what is going on. Thanks

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted

the aq will shit on a btl even tuned low

I have 2 aq's sitting in my closet from when I was using them last year

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Posted

the aq will shit on a btl even tuned low

I have 2 aq's sitting in my closet from when I was using them last year

Oh man, you more then likely just started a forum war LOL! And damn, i've been meaning to say this, Is that girl in your avitar your GF/wife, or something................She is fucking hot!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9485 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...