Second Skin Audio

Ported box in a standard cab pickup

Ok, now it is making sence. didnt know that you were thinking of doing a center consoul enclosure. Also, i thought you had bench seat, cause most regular cabs of that era have bench.

With something like that you have a lot of different options avaliable. You should have no problem getting 5 cubes plus, with an slot port with the opening on the top towards the back of the cab

Towards the front of the box?

External ports i take it? could run a few aero ports firing upward behind your seats.

I was thinking internal if they don't take up too much space. I don't have enough room for external ports behind the seat (the wuld have to be external back there). I have a trim piece back there that covers a metal piece with the same shape. It is just barely over 18" from the rubber mat on the bottom to the bottom of this trim piece (meaning, 18" is the highest I can go).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

hmmmm...pics of where its going and the space restrictions?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

It's a little late, but I'll try and get some pics. Regardless, the ports are gonna have to be in the center somewhere. Give me a minute.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

The bright line at the bottom of the pic is the floor (I taped it over for fiberglassing). 18" above that is the bottom of the trim piece that limits my height to 18" max. I would cut it out, but it looks important. Plus, I want to keep the trim piece.

100_2293.jpg

Here you can see the bottom of the piece. It extends about 2.5" out and the seats just barely lean against it.

100_2294.jpg

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

I could get up to 7 cubes in mine. and mines a 92 gmc with two bucket seats. Single cab

Edited by Basshead08

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I could fit up to 6.5 if I wanted, but like I said, I need a center console for my CB radio and switch panel I'm making. Good luck with yours.

BTW, how would I go about finding the tuning frequency of the port I use?

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

What is the depth of the box behind the seats at the bottom and the top. If you can get me that, ill see wat i can do for you. I have an idea that can incoporate the cb, and any other switches that you would need.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

All dimension are outside dimensions and I will use either 3/4" MDF or .75" MDF.

sorry bro but i have to sig that. lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Hey 92', here's MPO, for what it's worth, if anything....

I would talk to the manufacturers of your subs. I'd tell them whether I was an SPL guy, an SQ guy, or somewhere in between. I'd then ask them the one and only question that matters whatsoever > What would be the "OPTIMUM" cubic footage for these subs, for my purposes < ???

If I could make that amount of cubes (and not 1 cubic inch less) I'd do it. If not, I wouldn't. Simple as that.

I once had a Chevy S10, reg cab. Built 3 different "in-cab" ported enclosures, that all sounded like arse, because I didn't have enough cubes. Finally, I took the plunge and did the thing you don't want to do.... A blowthrough. That was first AWESOME sounding setup I ever had, and I never looked back. If ever I had a reg cab truck again, I'd start planning a blowthrough, the first day I got it..... even if it were just a sound quality setup with a couple of (relatively small) 10"s or 12"s or something.... as I'd want to keep what little cab space I had availalable to me in a reg cab truck.

Peace,

Fish

All dimension are outside dimensions and I will use either 3/4" MDF or .75" MDF.

Personally, I think I'd use a little of each ;)

Edited by Fish Chris

Hey 92', here's MPO, for what it's worth, if anything....

I would talk to the manufacturers of your subs. I'd tell them whether I was an SPL guy, an SQ guy, or somewhere in between. I'd then ask them the one and only question that matters whatsoever > What would be the "OPTIMUM" cubic footage for these subs, for my purposes < ???

If I could make that amount of cubes (and not 1 cubic inch less) I'd do it. If not, I wouldn't. Simple as that.

I once had a Chevy S10, reg cab. Built 3 different "in-cab" ported enclosures, that all sounded like arse, because I didn't have enough cubes. Finally, I took the plunge and did the thing you don't want to do.... A blowthrough. That was first AWESOME sounding setup I ever had, and I never looked back. If ever I had a reg cab truck again, I'd start planning a blowthrough, the first day I got it..... even if it were just a sound quality setup with a couple of (relatively small) 10"s or 12"s or something.... as I'd want to keep what little cab space I had availalable to me in a reg cab truck.

Peace,

Fish

Personally, I think I'd use a little of each ;)

BLOW THROUGH, BLOW THROUGH, BLOW THROUGH...... :clapping:

J/K - I am on the same page, cut a big ass hole in the back of my crewcab, and never once regreted it :wub: but sometimes there is a reason you just cant cut it. love the plans, will be sick. looking forward to seeing pics

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!