Second Skin Audio

Yet another box built... Each one getting better

im confused, why would u do that

mix different sizes and different subs

on the same amp too...

i could see it on 2 amps, maybe. But on the same amp just sounds like a bad idea. Personally, id never mix and match unless it was a passive radiator setup. But to each their own.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i could see it on 2 amps, maybe. But on the same amp just sounds like a bad idea. Personally, id never mix and match unless it was a passive radiator setup. But to each their own.

I actually have another amp but I am not going to hook it up until I get my new Alternator

I would lover to hook it up but then I would be pushing like 2000 RMS out of a stock 135amp Alt.. do have a Kinetic HC600 but that still would not be enough I dont think. I am able to hold above 13v at full tilt now

Edited by Hotdog

ok well ill be nice, but... thats a no go in my book and many others

different subs have different specs, so it doesnt matter what volume the boxes are vs manufactuers specs because the subs dont match, so they wont react the same to the power or notes played

you also used the same port surface area for the 12s and 15s... to make any of this logically work u would have needed to keep the same port surface area ratio vs box volume the same... along with using the same subs... and even then there will be cancellation and phasing issues with different sizes as the specs from 12s to 15s of the same sub are different

if at any point in time u see the 12s or 15s not moving the same amount or at the same time... ur not in phase and will cause cancelation which will bring down ur score and just make all bass sound muddy and boomy since notes wont be clearly defined

a video of the subs moving would show the subs not moving identically especially with a slower frame rate than the naked eye

im not completely sure u know that so im not trying to be rude, just saying its not ideal at all to do it in this fashion for daily or competing...

adding another amp would make it even more of a problem because then ud have two different amounts of power being delivered to two different sized subs that are different models... lots of places for issues

how are the 4 subs wired... what ohm subs are they?

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

ok well ill be nice, but... thats a no go in my book

you also used the same port surface area for the 12s and 15s... to make any of this logically work u would have needed to keep the same port surface area ratio vs box volume the same... along with using the same subs... and even then there will be cancellation and phasing issues with different sizes as the specs from 12s to 15s of the same sub are different

if at any point in time u see the 12s or 15s not moving the same amount or at the same time... ur not in phase and will cause cancelation which will bring down ur score and just make all bass sound muddy and boomy since notes wont be clearly defined

a video of the subs moving would show the subs not moving identically especially with a slower frame rate than the naked eye

I will get a video of it soon that actually sounds like a good idea to see if they are 100% in phase but to look at them at full volume they look like they are all moving together it.. also the ports are all 4" but the ports for the 12's are longer then the ports for the 15's but each chamber works out to 33hz after sub and port displacement.

I will get a video of it soon that actually sounds like a good idea to see if they are 100% in phase but to look at them at full volume they look like they are all moving together it.. also the ports are all 4" but the ports for the 12's are longer then the ports for the 15's but each chamber works out to 33hz after sub and port displacement.

I yea I gotta say Im with Decaf on this one bro, I usually dont comment much on other people posts b/c there are many knowledgable people on this forum who can offer much better advice than I. However, I saw this and was like what the...

Dont get me wrong nice box and build for sure bro kudos on that, but on the same mono block amp, with what is essentially two dif boxes and two dif sets of subs sounds iffy at best. Youre talking dif impeadences, dif reactives, really just dif everything. Wait to put your second amp on the second set of subs, but untill then id stick with the 15's.

As always I could be wrong, and you could be ok running it like that.

In the end Good Work and Good Luck M8

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

how are the 4 subs wired... what ohm subs are they?

oh I will tell you but you are really going to think (WTF) ..

All four subs are dual 4 ohm... the P2's are rated at 250 rms / 500 peak and the Punch Power 15's are rated at 1000 RMS / 2000 peak so I wired the 15's to one ohm and the 12's to 4 ohm then wired the 4 ohm subs to the 1 ohm subs with technically should give me a .8 ohm load but when tested with the Multimeter it came out to 1.1ohm. I have not tested the actual power to each sub but I was thinking in theory ( I could be wrong though ) that the 15's will be getting a lot more power then the 12's since they are wired at 1ohm and the 12's are wired at 4 ohm.

on the 15's each sub is wired to 2 ohm then wired to each other to 1 ohm. The 12's each sub is wired to 8 ohm then wired together down to 4ohm. Then the 4 ohm and 1 ohm are wired together to get a hypothetical .8 ohm but it is actually seeing 1.1 ohm.

how would one figure out how much wattage each sub is getting in theory with this wire configuration :)

Edited by Hotdog

This is just an all around bad idea bro. Never mix all the different aspects you have mixed.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

This is just an all around bad idea bro. Never mix all the different aspects you have mixed.

but it all some how works great together... the nice tight bass tracks Rock are crisp and punchy and the heavy bass tracks will lay a beating on you. I have had a couple people that could not take the bass because it was hitting them to hard. I guess I am just use to it.

and just to think I am a small fish in this forum :) a lot of people here would probably make me want to jump out.