Sundown Audio

1ohm and 2ohm

dirtboi22

The ohm load is a way to control how much output you get from your amp. The ohm on the coils is just so you have different wiring options. If you use too low of an ohm load it will hurt your amp, not so much your subs unless your amp is putting out dirty signals. Then you could potentially hurt both the amp and the subs in return for a little extra power and a voided warranty if you had one to begin with.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

ok, so what is the lowest i can wire my 2 dual 2ohm woofers? wouldnt it be 2 ohm?

You can wire each sub to one ohm (parallel) and then either parallel the two subs for .5 ohms or run them in series for a 2 ohm load.

You could also run each sub in series to get 4 ohms each, then parallel them to get the 2 ohm load as well.

But the lowest you can wire them would be .5 ohms.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

jezz this is confusing! lol, so if i hook up one side of the sub for both subs it would be a 1 ohm load?

If you have the speaker leads in parallel at the amp yes lol.. But each sub will only take half its power.. ie a 1000wrms dvc sub can handle 1000 with both voice coils hooked up, if only one is hooked up it can only take 500, or half the power..

You can wire each sub to one ohm (parallel) and then either parallel the two subs for .5 ohms or run them in series for a 2 ohm load.

You could also run each sub in series to get 4 ohms each, then parallel them to get the 2 ohm load as well.

But the lowest you can wire them would be .5 ohms.

how do i hook it up in parrellel? to get a two ohm load

do not only hook up one coil...on each sub....Not a good thing. follow Exposport's pic post

for all (well a lot) of your wiring needs

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_c...sp?Q=2&I=22

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

no, hooking it up in parallel would give you a .5 ohm load. hooking it up in series would give you 8 ohms. what you're gonna need is a parallel/series combo like this:

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

thanks alot man you helped me out big time! but i got one more question lol i have two 2ohm re sx 15's, rms is 1000 on each, so if i hook my subs up this way( which i am) will i need and amp that puts out 2000 rms at 2ohm, or just 1000rms at 2ohm so they are both getting 1000 each?