Sonic Electronix

98HOEONSIXEZ doing a build???Measurements/pics in..pg3 come help!

So yes,you did just read this right,me,johnathan price is going to tackle a build for a good friend of mine.He lives here in greenville,Ms.He has an 98 model chevy s10 extended cab.So far his equiptment list is...

2 Rockford fosgate power hx2s dual 2s

1 crossfire vr4000 amp (For subs)

1 hifonics olympus 250x4 (for mids and highs) i believe this is too much,maybe we will sell this and get like an 85x4 or something along that lines.

4 or 5 kinetic 2400s i believe

4 sets of memphis m class 6.5 inch components.( we will only use 2 sets of these im thinking) 1 in the doors and 1 in the kick panels)

Hes already got some type of pioneer cd player.

So heres what i need your help on first.A box design.I want the subs up and port up.I havent measured yet but i want to try to keep it below the window line if i can and still have some room to have the seats back a decent bit (hes a tall lanky bastard :D )

I just got of the phone with rockford fosgate talking to them about the specs that the box needs to be.They recommened a box that is 5 cubes, 56 square inches of port and 22 inches long.so that will give you guys (if your willing/wanting to help) something to go by.I would like it tuned to 34-35 hz with a f3 of 30-32 if possible.

This is a start,he has been slowly buying stuff over the past...well going on 2 dam years and im tired of it not going anywhere,hopefully this will get him motivated.Ill prolly start on the big 3 and getting power wires ran back to the bed of the truck (thats where im gonna put the batts) soon,then go on with the box building after we/yall come up with a good design.

thanks again,i know how helpful yall are,and will help me get thru this,plus i know yall want to see if i can accually do something right!! so get your hands dirty with me! any help/ideas is much appreciated!

thanks

johnathan price/98hoeonsixez

cant wait :clapping: to see what enclosure designs pop up on this -

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

cant wait :clapping: to see what enclosure designs pop up on this -

me either..this lil truck should get hella loud

good luck dude

Thanks mang,and heres a picture of the truck before and after i lowered the rear,Its on 20s and i think we will be lowering the front a couple of inches sometime

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

Posted Image

sweet start, and I think everytime someone see's '98HOEONSIXEZ' , every one gets excited....

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Thanks mang,and heres a picture of the truck before and after i lowered the rear,Its on 20s and i think we will be lowering the front a couple of inches sometime

Posted Image

Hey i remember that truck lol

Good luck with the build jhoenathan http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Archived