Second Skin Audio

AQ HD3 15 Vs 4 12'' Jl w3s

OK right now my setup is completly stock electrical and i have 4 12'' jl w3v2s in their own boxes sealed 1 cuft per sub in thebackof my extended cab. Running off the AQ 1200 amp @ 1 ohm. Its bangin pretty loud and good but im wondering if anyone has anything to say about which setup would be better and louder. My setup is kinda a mess right now I have a dual downfire prefab box under the back seat and 2 home made boxes for the other 2 12s downfiring one in the middle on the floor in the back and one on top of the seat in the back in the middle. I like being able to seat 2 people in the back and I cant bring myself to take away anymore space for passengers. I am wondering if the 1 15 in a nicer more professional box off this amp will wang harder than these 12s that I have now. I dont know how much airspace the hd15 needs ported or sealed I did ask one of the audioque guys about the street duty 15 and he said 3-4 cuft for that one? does anyone know how much space the hd3 15 needs and will it sound better/ louder? what would you do if you were me?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

48 inches of cone vs 15 inches of cone....clean up the W3's.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

48 inches of cone vs 15 inches of cone....clean up the W3's.

Not 48 inches, the cone area is almost 2 18 inch subs.

If you did 2 15 inch subs, with 2k RMS each, they would be louder for sure.(in a proper ported enclosure.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Not 48 inches, the cone area is almost 2 18 inch subs.

If you did 2 15 inch subs, with 2k RMS each, they would be louder for sure.(in a proper ported enclosure.)

He is asking about ONE 15" sub versus his FOUR 12" inch subs.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

yea, i know, but it's going to be a close call, if only 1 15 inch.vs 4 12inch subs(~=2 18 inch subs.)

I think, nobody knows if it will be louder or less loud.

P.S. i think this topic will be closed because it's a which is louder topic.(may not open that kind of topic's, it's in the rules.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

More cone area = louder SPL potential....thats what every1 here has told me. If you are going to run 4 12's off 1k watts and 1 15 off 1k watts the 12's will be louder.

look 1 15 has roughly 176sqin of cone area, depending on the sub. and 4 12's have roughly 452 sqin of cone area. 4 12's in a proper enclosure will kill a single 15

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

4 12's would most certainly be louder than 1 15 if they are in a proper enclosure.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?