Sundown Audio

Wiring 2 audiopipe AP3001D's with 4 18"s?

newls1

OK, confused here! I'm a PC hardware guy, not a stereo wiring addict LOL :) . What is confusing me is that each of these ap3001d's are internally strapped and @ 2ohm, is where they make 3k watts. My plan is to operate 2 18"s per "1" amp. So based on the12volt.com wiring diagram, I would need to order my drivers D2's correct? Also, how can I make sure that im bridging the amp, is it based on the way I insert my speaker wires into the inputs? Audiopipes website is 100% worthless on help. I hope I can tell the difference in 4 18"s and 6000watts, compared to 2 18"s with 2000watts........

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

you could just get the d1s and run them on one on each channel.since its pretty much two amps in one.2 1500s in one case.so that way you could get 1500 or close to each sub.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

d1's or d2's would work since the amp is rated the way it is. but like the other eric said d2's would work best.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

get d2, wire each one seperately to each channel for 1500 rms...

wire each d2 down to a 1 ohm load..

like this

Posted Image and just run it to the amp like that, on each sub, each channel

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

get d2, wire each one seperately to each channel for 1500 rms...

wire each d2 down to a 1 ohm load..

like this

Posted Image and just run it to the amp like that, on each sub, each channel

Thanks bro for taking the time to do that. The amp has 4 speaker outs (as im sure you know) so what your saying is that both drivers will be using both of the speakers out for each amp? How do I go about "bridging" these things to achieve full rated output @ 2ohms?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Thanks bro for taking the time to do that. The amp has 4 speaker outs (as im sure you know) so what your saying is that both drivers will be using both of the speakers out for each amp? How do I go about "bridging" these things to achieve full rated output @ 2ohms?

You just contradicted yourself. They are internally bridged. Just put 1 speaker to 1 (+,-), and the 2nd speaker on the 2nd (+,-) output, thats all.

Just make sure they are d2's and wired how its shown in army_guys post

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

either way each sub is going to see 1500 rms per, if its at 2 ohm or 1 ohm per channel, i just find it easier to run each sub on its own channel..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived