black_friday Posted August 12, 2009 Report Posted August 12, 2009 Hi guys, I am new to car audio installs but I have loved it for over a decade. I used to work at a shop with a guy that was phenominal at builds and installs. I used to ask him everyday to build me a box but he always had some excuse for why he couldnt (even though he did it for other employees). I am to the point now where I am sick of having to depend on othes to do the work for me. I have done to builds in the past, ansd I know that I can do this one with help from all of you guys. Here is the set up I have one mtx 9500 15 and an arc audio fd1200.1. My back seats dont fold down so I was thinking about either going with an aero port that would blow directly through the pass through in the middle of my back seat or make two and have them fire straight upward through the holes where my 6x9's used to be. Is it okay to have ports firing anywhere other than towards the back of the car like traditional enclosures? I really really really appreciate you all reading this post and helping me! Thanks!
Basshead08 Posted August 12, 2009 Report Posted August 12, 2009 Yeah there are alot of people who port through the seat or the rear deck in a trunk enclosure. It's actually recommended. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
Decaf Posted August 12, 2009 Report Posted August 12, 2009 u should build a 4th order bandpass ported thru either the 6x9 holes or rear seats this would work best in ur situation and theres many of us who can help u with a design... if uve got $5-10 you can get some pretty nice designs drawn up for ya
black_friday Posted August 12, 2009 Author Report Posted August 12, 2009 thanks for the response guys. who should I talk to about a box design? and where can I learn about 4th order boxes? I have heard about them but never seen one. Do they look good in custom setups?
P4killer_ Posted August 13, 2009 Report Posted August 13, 2009 DEf start with the12volt.com dude theres a ton of info there. google re box calculator (that will only give you slot port boxes though) also there is a ton of info on this forum of course on a side note, 4th orders can be extremely loud like wow! but it can be very difficult to build and even if you make the most minor of mistakes in the process, the results could be hurt alot. they are def sweet bro so if you think you got it in you I say go for it, but if not a simple ported box would be easier and def alot more forgiving for minor mistakes there are sealed boxes which are very easy ported boxes which are easy except for the port part, but there alot of things to figure tht part for you so its just a lil harder and fourth order is like sealed and ported combined = and your calculations need to be spot on = kindda hard out of the trunk though, through the rear deck prolly would be your best bet w/o carving up your seat:p i say go ported good luck though bro ill try and help as much as i can, most people on here will do the same too Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
Torres Posted August 14, 2009 Report Posted August 14, 2009 RE calc is not good enough to use imo. my program can do slot and square ports and is more accurate. i say do a 4th order. be more fun, more unique (especially in a trunk car), and plexi will make it look good in a custom enclosure. i dont know who all here can design them, but i know 80inches does some. i think he's more active on ca.com tho. dont see him post here much
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.