Sonic Electronix

Meeting or exceeding RMS on a subwoofer

Vince you will be fine if you run a Nightshade off of that amount of power. On music I'm not putting much more than 1400 watts to each of mine and well you've heard the car. I change a couple of things for a burp and that's why I make quite a bit more power, but I don't need all that for music.

The only issue really is price. The Nightshade is 2X the woofer of the Level 4 and the Bl so it's obviously going to cost a bit more. It's just not really fair to put the other two in the category with it unless they were close in performance.

Email Jacob @ [email protected] and talk to him about buying a sub directly from him. You may be able to save a little bit of money that way and get what you want. On the other hand if you wanted to save a few bucks and still get a badass woofer you could get a Z15. Jacob is blowing out the stock that he has right now so you may be able to get a very good deal. Not to mention that a Z15 is more at the same level as a Bl and Level 4, but I'd still be willing to bet that it is a tad better due to my bias

Alright zack i think you sold me haha I have been in love with the nightshade ever since i sat in your car and DJ's truck. I would like to find something on the cheaper side but I think I should just wait a little while and talk to jacob after i rebuild the jeeps axle.

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

The Nightshade gives him the ability to add more power down the road. If he only gets a Z15 then he's honestly at his realy safe limit on power right now. Like I said in my post I run maybe 1400 watts to each of my Nightshade's on music and can still bassrace 149.9's with them. I also plan on helping Vince build a box so it will be setup right.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i love my Level 5s so ima say go DC level 4

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I'd run the nightshades...just to match my SAZ-1500D's that I got today (damn those are heavy for the size) :yahoo:

PS My post-count too low to post pics or something?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange

Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/

Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10"

Shok-wiring & RCA's

XS Power D6500

Mechman 320A

Sundown Audio Russia

http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index

http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81

yea i am going to go with a shade like i had planned in the beginning just wanted to see what people thought. i think it would be more practical also because i know i will be planning on stepping the system up in the future again anyway i mean who doesn't haha. that way i will not have to get a new sub when i get a bigger amp.

98 Jeep Wrangler

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

I'd run the nightshades...just to match my SAZ-1500D's that I got today (damn those are heavy for the size) :yahoo:

PS My post-count too low to post pics or something?

where exactly are you trying to post pics from?

yea i am going to go with a shade like i had planned in the beginning just wanted to see what people thought. i think it would be more practical also because i know i will be planning on stepping the system up in the future again anyway i mean who doesn't haha. that way i will not have to get a new sub when i get a bigger amp.

good man :) you wont be disappointed. i loves mines

but memphis amps work well with mtx subs

I LOLd

I'd go with the Lvl 4 for the proven performance and top notch customer service.

Although all of the woofers mentioned in the first post are very strong drivers

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Thanks everyone for all the feedback i appreciate it I love all three even though i have only heard sundowns and fi's i know just from everyone talking about dc on the forum that they are a great company as well. when push comes to shove i think i am going to go with my sundown boys since there are a lot around me and i have been in a couple cars with nightshades.

98 Jeep Wrangler

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9