Sundown Audio

Calling all Colossus Owners

sodfamily

OK here's the situation.

We have a Hifonics XXVColossus that we just put in and can seem to get any sound out of it. Well thats not 100% correct we can get a very faint sound and if you place your hand on the subs you can tell they are ever so slightly bumping to the beat but no real output.

Things we have tried so far are:

1) Tried 4 different RCA cable in an aray of combinations. We got some barrel plugs and just added them to the main run and nothing. we even took out the head unit and ran them new and still nothing.

2) we took the original RCA's and put them in the rear channel of the 4 channel to see if they are at least sending out a signal and we get the same very faint sound to the door speakers

3) we hook the RCA back tot the Colossus and grab another pair of RCA's and plugged them into the output rcas of the Colossus and ran them to the rear of the 4 channel amp and still just a very faint sound.

4)we are hooking the amp up to run 1ohm stereo so the left and right channels are seeing 1ohm loads.

5)we have verified that the head unit has the sub outputs turned on also.

6)couldn'd find any real settings on teh head unit that may be keeping the signal from getting to the Colossus

Can someone tell me how they have there Colossus wired up.

1) how they are running there RCA's and how they have there subs wired

We could use any help we can get.. I will be on the board all day and will respond as quick as I can..

Thanks guy..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

OK here's the situation.

We have a Hifonics XXVColossus that we just put in and can seem to get any sound out of it. Well thats not 100% correct we can get a very faint sound and if you place your hand on the subs you can tell they are ever so slightly bumping to the beat but no real output.

Things we have tried so far are:

1) Tried 4 different RCA cable in an aray of combinations. We got some barrel plugs and just added them to the main run and nothing. we even took out the head unit and ran them new and still nothing.

2) we took the original RCA's and put them in the rear channel of the 4 channel to see if they are at least sending out a signal and we get the same very faint sound to the door speakers

3) we hook the RCA back tot the Colossus and grab another pair of RCA's and plugged them into the output rcas of the Colossus and ran them to the rear of the 4 channel amp and still just a very faint sound.

4)we are hooking the amp up to run 1ohm stereo so the left and right channels are seeing 1ohm loads.

5)we have verified that the head unit has the sub outputs turned on also.

6)couldn'd find any real settings on teh head unit that may be keeping the signal from getting to the Colossus

Can someone tell me how they have there Colossus wired up.

1) how they are running there RCA's and how they have there subs wired

We could use any help we can get.. I will be on the board all day and will respond as quick as I can..

Thanks guy..

can u post pics of the way you hav it wire and of the gain controls and master / slave switch

I am getting pics loaded to the laptop now.

But I had to take them with my camera phone so they may be a little off. I will try to explain where they are set when i load the pics..

I think these pics are not going to be seen very good.

But here is a pic of the RCA side.

From left to right

RCA input------I have my RCA left and right going in here

RCA output---Not being used

Balanced input----No idea

Level--- Goes from 9v to .2volts and have moved it between the two

Phase--- stays at 0

Boost-- 0-10db and we have moved that from end to end

Bandwidth --it a sloop thinga nd also moved that from end to end

FEQ- 30 - 100Hz and have moved that from end to end

HFR-G! Remote-- this is the remote we have up front and have moved that from end to end

Sub Sonic-- 15-35HZ have that one pertty much int he middle

LPF---35-250Hz have this around what i would say 70-90

2.jpg

This is the power side and remote and sub wires.

We had removed the speaker wires since we tookt he box out when we finally gave up for the night but there were hooke dup left sub + and - / Right Sub + and -

3.jpg

Here is how the sub are wired at the box

4.jpg

5.jpg

Verify that you have a good signal going to the amp and also make sure the subs are wired correct. Then make sure all your power and grounds are in good shape. Eliminate the install first.

Then contact Mite Stiers at: [email protected]

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Verify that you have a good signal going to the amp and also make sure the subs are wired correct. Then make sure all your power and grounds are in good shape. Eliminate the install first.

Then contact Mite Stiers at: [email protected]

Thanks Bill,

We will be going over that install tonight.

We will be getting another head unit and amp to test with also.

make sure them subs are wired up right.. i almost wanna bet thats wat it is

and also take a look at the sub make sure its in great runnin order check the tinsel leads check it with a DMM and make sure its wired right..

Edited by Eric B

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

make sure them subs are wired up right.. i almost wanna bet thats wat it is

and also take a look at the sub make sure its in great runnin order check the tinsel leads check it with a DMM and make sure its wired right..

Ya i just got off the phone with Mike at Maxxsonics and he thinks the subs are out of phase, will be checking this tonight...

Im willing to say that your Sub out on the deck took a shit. try putting the RCA from your 4 channel into the amp and see what happens that or if the 4 channel has a pass through RCA use that to the sub amp

this was what I was gonna say...possibly bad signal coming from the head if the same faint sound is heard thru 2 different amps...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco