Got a Lifter Tick/Knock, Anyone know a way to get rid of it?

I have a lifter tick/knock some people say tick some say knock, but either way i was told to put some flluid in the oil that i cant remember the name of right now in it drive a good 40 miles and drain the oil and do an oil change. Anyone know anymore info on how to cure this problem? Last thing i would want is to screw up the cam etc.

mine was knocking until i put 5 quorts of oil in it now it runs like a beast.. did u check the oil dip stick thing..? do u have oil lol

if its not that then...hmm sorry

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

mine was knocking until i put 5 quorts of oil in it now it runs like a beast.. did u check the oil dip stick thing..? do u have oil lol

if its not that then...hmm sorry

LOL yeah its got plenty of oil. It is time for an oil change. Its about 3200 miles, im going to just do the oil change if I cant find out anything to do before hand. Thanks for the quick answer though.

LOL yeah its got plenty of oil. It is time for an oil change. Its about 3200 miles, im going to just do the oil change if I cant find out anything to do before hand. Thanks for the quick answer though.

funny, once put 70wt harley davidson oil in a 400small block to shut up a noisy lifter :spiteful:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

if i was you i would do the oil change asap and drive it for a few miles if it still clicks then u will know its not your oil...also maybe your pulley? my dads f-150 we thought it was the oil and his pulley was gone kind of a rare problem but replaced that and it was good to go it can really be anything but its better to check and cross the simple things off

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I have a lifter tick/knock some people say tick some say knock, but either way i was told to put some flluid in the oil that i cant remember the name of right now in it drive a good 40 miles and drain the oil and do an oil change. Anyone know anymore info on how to cure this problem? Last thing i would want is to screw up the cam etc.

whats the make/model? some cars that need premium do that when runing reg gas. sometimes people dont realize that their ride really needs that. my mom inlaw with her 98 aurora is one of em lol

do u have adjustable rocker arms, or just the standard non adjustable pedestal style

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

1999 Chevy Blazer 4.3 V6. Bought it with a bad motor, rod bearing shot so dropped a new 4.3 in with 30,000 miles on it from a friend whos Astro had got into a minor rear end accident he lost his bumper lol and the insurance totaled it so I have the motor and just have a tad over 3000 miles on it

ok so prolly has the non-adjustable rockers in it i would just try the oil stabilizer if i was u

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg