Hotdog Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 Is there anything you can do for Sub woofers to keep them in top shape year round... and I am not talking about not pounding on them but just to protect them from the elements of year round exposure in a vehicle. Like is it a good idea to clean surrounds on the sub to prevent them from possibly drying out. I don't know if there is anything you can do for the cone on some models. but you never see anything based on maintenance on them. I know house speakers last a long time because they are in a controlled environment but the last pair of sub woofers I had a long time back in early 90's only lasted a couple years because they actually looked like they dry rotted between the spyder and cone. I was thinking that it was due to moisture build up from humidity through out the summers. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
bkolfo4 Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 Most of the new foam surrounds are treated to resist UV and moisture. When they finally go, you recone them. I like to wash mine with the power sprayer, wax the cone, and ArmorAll the surround. . . Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Hotdog Posted August 22, 2009 Author Report Posted August 22, 2009 I like to wash mine with the power sprayer, wax the cone, and ArmorAll the surround. . . Lol.. smart ass Vids or (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Hotdog Posted August 22, 2009 Author Report Posted August 22, 2009 I guess someone has done it before. although I am just talking about general maintenance (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
P4killer_ Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 F THAT! Id use some clorox wipes or something... water in the conesss PFFFFT Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
Basshead08 Posted August 23, 2009 Report Posted August 23, 2009 Don't know about maintenance but I clean mine with armor all wipes to keep it looking nice. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.