Second Skin Audio

Re Vs Fi

31 members have voted

1. 1. which to get

• RE
    • FI
    • Other

Well im unsure on what exactly i want all together... i want it to have good sound quality but with a nice bump as well. im looking at a T3001bd or T40001bd for the amp and i want 2 12s...

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

lol well i want the fi prices but the dealer where im getting stuff installed at (US amps/re/rf/cdt/pioneer ect ect) said he could get me a pretty good price for re woofers if i wanted to go with them. We were chatting about FI and he mentioned that (maybe i can get my rf stuff at good prices too)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Well if you can get RE's at Fi's price.... I guess you could flip a coin? Personally Id go with Fi... the whole custom options thing is sweet

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

i have absolutely ZERO complaints with my RE SE's, i even like them better than my buddy's FI Q...i think the SE's sound a lot better and get louder doing it! both companies are top notch and the subs were designed by the same person...if you can get a good deal on RE then i would jump on it, cause that doesnt happen everyday.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Normally I'd say go RF but I've been leaning strongly towards some FI BLs as my next subwoofer purchase.

you mean RE? honestly i dont want an alum cone so fosgate is out the window.

Ill have to agree the hole custom thing for FI is nice but honestly it doesnt matter that much to me as long as the woofer preforms

But one thing i forgot to ask if you voted FI which fi woofer should i get and if you voted RE which re woofer should i get?

Edited by emperorjj1

you mean RE? honestly i dont want an alum cone so fosgate is out the window.

Ill have to agree the hole custom thing for FI is nice but honestly it doesnt matter that much to me as long as the woofer preforms

But one thing i forgot to ask if i went with either FI or RE what should i get?

Maybe wait till the poll is over and then you will get ur answer lol

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

oh lol that didnt sound right... what i ment was if you voted FI which fi woofer should i get and if you voted RE which re woofer should i get?