Anti Theft Was A Bitch

So I just finished my 2nd head unit install ever, and boy did this this one take a while. The 1997 Chevy Blazer's dash just pops right off, no screws needed, excpet the factory deck is "Anti Theft" and they were not fuckin joking. A total of 13 screws needed to take off the deck, takes time, but the last 2 sucked cuz they were attatched to the back of the deck. :01nocomment8so: Anyways, install went good, took almost 1.5 hours, till his grandma said we had to end for the night cuz we got school tomorrow, but i still have to do minor things like tighten screws and all that. Has anyone else had frustrating experiences with "TheftLock" head units?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

interesting, mine was nothing like that. and theft lock has nothing to do how the radio is mounted

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I also own a 97 blazer and the dash does come off easily, I have the same stock radio but found it quite easy to remove, but have been doing this stuff for 5+ years. Now my First install was my GF's 97 cavalier 4 yrs ago and that was a bi*ch. the whole dash literally comes out lol.

Edited by 97SSBlazer

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Theftlock has nothing to do with there being that many screws. Theftlock locks out the radio if power is lost and a code is entered.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I also own a 97 blazer and the dash does come off easily, I have the same stock radio but found it quite easy to remove, but have been doing this stuff for 5+ years. Now my First install was my GF's 97 cavalier 4 yrs ago and that was a bi*ch. the whole dash literally comes out lol.

my first deck was on a 98 cavalier and it was redic easy, but this was easy except for the 2 screws behind the deck lol

Theftlock has nothing to do with there being that many screws. Theftlock locks out the radio if power is lost and a code is entered.

yea, i didnt know if its just cuz its anti theft but only installing once more before, i wouldve never imagined that there would be screws, so i guess thats how its designed, well now i learned something :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

my first deck was on a 98 cavalier and it was redic easy, but this was easy except for the 2 screws behind the deck lol

Man... when I first started installing waaaaaay back I hated doing those cavaliers... Having to take the whole dash cover off just to remove the radio trim...

Now they are definitely a cake walk.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Man... when I first started installing waaaaaay back I hated doing those cavaliers... Having to take the whole dash cover off just to remove the radio trim...

Now they are definitely a cake walk.

def man, what gen cavalier were those that were a bitch lol

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

def man, what gen cavalier were those that were a bitch lol

like 95-2002 or something like that.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

like 95-2002 or something like that.

well i found the 97 to be easy, maybe some of their interiors are diff

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.