Second Skin Audio

New Second Skin Product - SPL Sludge

We have been developing a new product for SPL competitors and bass heads that is going to be unlike anything the industry as seen.

Basically it is a beefed up version of or spectrum coating, but along with it, we are going to include a couple pounds of our rubber tire strands.

These are little bits of rubber that are made from recycled tires. The strands are very small but super strong. According to my rubber vendor, when these strands are added to acrylic coatings the network of interwoven strands that is created will increase both elongation and tensile strength of the material by almost 500%.

I think we are going to call it SPL Sludge but really, it will help with SQ as well. This stuff is amazing!!

I am very excited about this new product!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

I was about to place an order for spectrum - but I will wait to see this! If you need a guinea pig you can pick me :) Will it definitely be as thick as sludge, or could the coating be sprayed in layers pressing the tire in separately- almost like fiberglass mat?

:ph34r: Ninja edit

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

constructive criticism...

SPL sludge sounds like a bad name to me. kinda sounds like it kills SPL instead of helping. sounds like its draggind spl down when i think of sludge...when i read the thread i though someone posted something that was unhappy. im sure its an AWESOME product but im not digging the name

something like SPL Plus would be a kool name. it can be taken a few ways

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I was about to place an order for spectrum - but I will wait to see this! If you need a guinea pig you can pick me :) Will it definitely be as thick as sludge, or could the coating be sprayed in layers pressing the tire in separately- almost like fiberglass mat?

:ph34r: Ninja edit

Oh damn ant, that sounds leet :D I will strip my car up and try some hehe

constructive criticism...

SPL sludge sounds like a bad name to me. kinda sounds like it kills SPL instead of helping. sounds like its draggind spl down when i think of sludge...when i read the thread i though someone posted something that was unhappy. im sure its an AWESOME product but im not digging the name

something like SPL Plus would be a kool name. it can be taken a few ways

I thought it was something bad as well

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

I know there is a thread aout this, but, just swap it around and call it 'Spectum Sludge SPL'

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties