Sundown Audio

SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side-By-Side

The sundown is definitely a bit beefier but with a price. Not saying anything negative about either because they are both great amps. Thanks Sundownz.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Not necessarily accurate, "with a price"

25% more power w/ lower voltage so I'd expect closer to 33% with equal voltage.

$699 * 1.33 = $931

3500D was 850 on pre-sale and just a hair over 1000 MAP price... and you get a 2-year warranty vs. 1-year. So ~100 extra bucks at regular cost for another year coverage on limited warranty + our discounted replacement program for 5-years. Those that pre-ordered got a lower $$$ to watt ratio.

So price scales in a pretty linear fashion with all things considered :)

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

id like to see one of these comparisons with a t4k or a t3k (if one hasnt been done). whenever i build my new system in my new car (whenever i get the car idk when but it shouldnt be too long) it'll come down to RF or Sundown. I've always used RF but i am impressed with the Sundown amps.

derrick did some tests on these two. forget which models tho. the RF was a lil bit more power hungry and the sundown was a lil more efficient. i dont remember the other figures. it started a big pissing match tho.

sundown products are great. very nice quality and CS. and they look purty too :wub: i have yet to see an unsatisfied sundown owner

$699 * 1.33 = $931

3500D was 850 on pre-sale and just a hair over 1000 MAP price... and you get a 2-year warranty vs. 1-year. So ~100 extra bucks at regular cost for another year coverage on limited warranty + our discounted replacement program for 5-years. Those that pre-ordered got a lower $$$ to watt ratio.

pwnt....lolz

i likes me some audio stuff...

yeah don't get me wrong.

i would love to own some sundowns. but i am currently happy with all of my audioque amps at the moment until i get my "for the sound" fund filled up and i can upgrade to some of your products.

I think the comparison has turned out good, both amps perform to manufacturer spec, ratings and then some, and has answered many questions. i remember buying a punch 225a2 10 plus years ago and it had a birthsheet of 800rms what a little beast pushing 2 punch hx2 15's, my point is the amps compared above are indeed are different and performed well, and in any batch of either of the amps one 3500 may do 3500 one the dot and the next could do 3900 etc. having owned and run the aq 3500d i was blown away with it's size to output ratio and its reliability. I have no exp with sundown yet but come october i will, and expect to own another great product. As for AQ I have nothing but great things to say about the product and even better things to say about DJ and his customer service. I look forward to building the same trust in Jacob and his product, as i will be running both.

$699 * 1.33 = $931

I didn't mean it like that. I just meant as far as total prices go the sundown is a bit more expensive but a bit beefier. I would love to try out a sundown amp one day because from what I hear they are built like tanks but for the time being I am pleased with my AQ amp. Any chance of getting comparisons on some of the lower line AQ and sundown amps? I'd like to see how my AQ 1200 fairs next to a sundown counterpart.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I don't want to stir up anything so I probably won't do another public comparison... I was simply a bit tired of being told my SAZ-3500D was the same as an AQ-3500D. I respect DJ at AQ - he is a very professional guy - so I don't want to step on his toes.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

^^^^indeed sir.

as long as his products are putting out what they say they do then i don't see him getting mad about it.