Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

New box dimensions........20 high by 45 wide by 30 deep and the port 12.25 by 12.25 by 21.....what does everyone think

11.8 cubes after displacement, 33 hz if you use 3/4 board

11.2 cubes after displacement, 34 hz with 1" board (both taking using one enclosure wall as a port wall into account)

150 square inches of port

Sounds good. Hope it works out for ya!

Edit: yes i'm a bored numbers whore.

Holy hell this has gotten outta hand...theres alot info coming straight from the company...TAKE IT! 3" from the port to the hatch is not enough for the air to circulate properly. Not enought port. Shoot for 10cubes after displacement, 120-160sq inches of port...and you should be set! honestly this wasnt that friggin difficult...so many damn opinions that werent needed.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Its hard to get the airspace needed in a trailblazer and still keep it under window line...sometime youve just gotta sacrifice something.

OH and sanitarium....you really need to ditch that calculator...and your boxes from now on will sound a 100% better!

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

not to be an asshole but, alot of companies have recommended box sizes and most are wrong or not the best it could be. That's probably why most people look for people who have ran the sub or have used them before and have tested them in many different boxes

We're different.

99% of those "other companies" don't even build their subs..much less machine anything...or do anything here in the states.

If you go to a custom car shop and ask them technical information about the car do you think they are going to bullshit you like a salesman at a Kia dealership?

I'd say the guy building those custom cars probably knows a bit more about what goes into them than the salesman does at the Kia dealership...and you should probably listen to him.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

and i was quoting your post on said web site's forum before I put in the edit, leaving the original post in tact. I'm sorry i was so wrong by first saying exactly what you said, then while leaving it for everyone to see, missinterpreting it later.

And 283^2" of port would give him a 4'2" long port for 33 hz in 10 cubes.. not close to 8.

Edit: checked in with bass box pro 6 for another opinion and it recommends 278^2 of port for the 2 subs @ 10 cubes tuned to 33 hz with 55 being the port length.

I was exaggerating saying it would be that long...i don't use calculators that are on the internet or anything. I use pen, paper and a calculator because I know it is correct.

Explain how he would fit a 4 foot long port in a box that he already does not have enough volume in? He'd be eating up even more volume throwing his tuning even farther off...using that much area and using that calculator is a really bad idea.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

I know ive seen ur TBSS around town before

But yeah sub up port up and 150 square inches of port will be perfect. I think im running a little over that for 13 cubes with my 18's and they sound damn good... 35hz is a sweet spot as well. LMK if ya ever need a hand with the build

Archived