Best Head Unit

what non dvd head unit do you think is the best on the market, either already released or going to be this summer?

Hands down denon z1 , or the Macintosh 500

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

but the p9 isnt just a head unit, it needs the processor.

so if you wanna go that route, its the alpine f-status

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Iam so frusterated with head units personally, I wish I could put a order in for a custom deck. I would do slave only unit, alum face plate, OEL display, copper chassis, 30band 1/3 octave eq, built in DSP, HDCD decoding, SACD/ DVD Audio- fully discreet channels, optical/SPDIF digital outs, seperate brain unit so someone doesnt try and squeez all that stuff in one head unit, and scrap quality--with a few aux inputs, like USB, RCA, and mini plug.... But until that day I just buy the deh-5800 and up models from pioneer.... But ofcourse Denon kicks ass

McIntosh is awesome, but large, and out dated looking, unless they made new models rescently

my 2cents

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 1 month later...

1994 Pioneer released a Deck called the DEX-M88 I love this deck one of the best sounding I have ever owned.

#2 would have to be the Kenwood KDC-PS909 first 8 volt balanced output in a deck.

#3 is the Denon

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

what non dvd head unit do you think is the best on the market, either already released or going to be this summer?

personally, i like the Pioneer P9 (it might be called differently up there).

the F1 status is gettin too common down here.

Personally, for SQ, Clarion D1 seems to be a pretty reasonable deck. but its a pure deck. gettin imaging thru TA would be a b1tch without a processor.

Mac decks are cool!

but i'm still happy with my RFX 8140 off my H700 processor

cheers

Shok Industries

Feel the POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Competition SQ Car install by Dimension Audio Singapore

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=65190

If you can find any of the old fosgate headunits they were awesome dont know why they discontinued them.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg