Second Skin Audio

Bunch of woofers> What do you think

Ive been thinking of 24 of these in my Suburban in either a clam shell, or a diamond

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

bet you haven't even heard a set.. and if you have what kind of power did the kid have to them?

i had w3011's and they took 1000wrms all day long. They didnt get very low because i had them tuned incredibly high (43.5hz) it was a box built for 10's that i fit 12's into.

Amazingly they sounded really good for a $44 speaker

Compared to my LVL4 they actually had better SQ in the 60hz range, but below 45hz was lacking

ok just so you know i have installed several pairs of these and most are ok at best but when hooked up to a low grade amp kenwoods shit is way overrated the first pair i installed was gone in two days they were on a pdx600.1 and i upgraded them to infinity and they haven't been back the second set I did was off a Kac-9103d and they only lasted a month kenwood constantly does this with all their products look around if you don't believe me saying that the 9103d is cea compliant at over 900 rms and then it gets tested at like 500 to 700 rms and their 12 subs that handle 400 rms and then fry in a week when hooked up to real power they rate their subs for their amps just know that

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

ok just so you know i have installed several pairs of these and most are ok at best but when hooked up to a low grade amp kenwoods shit is way overrated the first pair i installed was gone in two days they were on a pdx600.1 and i upgraded them to infinity and they haven't been back the second set I did was off a Kac-9103d and they only lasted a month kenwood constantly does this with all their products look around if you don't believe me saying that the 9103d is cea compliant at over 900 rms and then it gets tested at like 500 to 700 rms and their 12 subs that handle 400 rms and then fry in a week when hooked up to real power they rate their subs for their amps just know that

Your must be settin the amps wrong then, I hooked up 2 of the kenwood 12s in my friends jimmy, ported box, on a hifonics zx1006, each sub is gettin 300 watts, did over a 140 at a comp a few weekends ago, the last month or so he switched from 2 volt pre out deck to a 4 volt pre out deck, hasnt hurt the subs any, we did fix the amp gain now but they still run and perform great for 100buck..

never said they were bad just said over rated and that amp your using is under rated try putting a true 400 rms to those for a while and see what happens i was just making an observation based on my experience and you kinda proved my point with the 300 rms per sub that you said not trying to start an argument tho just made a statement think what you want better subs out their for the money is all my point was

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

never said they were bad just said over rated and that amp your using is under rated try putting a true 400 rms to those for a while and see what happens i was just making an observation based on my experience and you kinda proved my point with the 300 rms per sub that you said not trying to start an argument tho just made a statement think what you want better subs out their for the money is all my point was

no argument, just say how it went, I know the amp is over rated, but i also said it was putting out a very clipped signal, and the subs didnt mind at all. they gave great numbers too, I would never use them, i run way bigger things, but ive had these, and there lower models rated at 150 rms(won them in a raffle) I put them on an alpine 5 channel, putting out 370 to the pair, they didnt pop either,

your experiences are bad, mine are good, could be install related, could be where you bought it.

The sundown SA-12's are a great budget woofer and would be perfect for your aplication P4killer.

again, im not buying woofers ,, thats NOT buying woofers... just bored and i was thinking like oh if you had XXX amount of money in this case $500 idk or something what would best? thats all lol :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I found some CompVR's on amazon for $86

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-CompVR-07CVR1...ance_ce_ai_1096

Going into my new setup in the 03 PT Cruiser:

15" Adire Audio Brahma Mkii

AQ 1200D

Alpine 9884

3.5 cubes tuned to 29hz with square port(thanks Ben Building!)

ILLusive Theory(ILLSET)

Dreams Clothing!!

LOL at the bad monkey though haha, the average person working mcdonalds or something wantin to do something cheap so obvi your options are limited... or just not buy anything in fear of being a "bad monkey"?

ok dude, i work in a grocery store, making min wage, have had a car since May, and am rolling with an Alpine head unit, Eclipse mids/highs, DLS mids/highs amp, Audiopipe sub amp, and a Fi Q 12"....

Save your money to get something decent.

Buy one thing and need an additional 4 more things, it all adds up, in the long run, you end up saving money. Rather then buying shit equipment after buying even shittier equipment, that all adds up to, and the money you spend replacing the cheap shit with cheap shit could've been saved for a GOOD piece of equipment.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo