Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

tuning of probox???


CASZ71

Recommended Posts

Posted

haha damn that would be a crazy enclosure!!

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

Posted

Those ports are inefficient, but they look nice, it would look better and sound louder with areoports.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

I know what you mean about the Super Bass box I have 2 12 cvx atm in that box and the bass is OK thats why am switching to 4 DC lvl 3s in custom box tune to about 35hz......Cant wait to hear the difference.....

Posted Image

th_140x100square.jpgascendant.jpg

b4caki.jpg

Posted

the sketchup is the current design

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

Posted

probox has been releasing alot of new LOADED enclosures that come with probox subs and 20% more efficient than the superbass, they call it... superloud how ironic

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

  • 3 years later...
Posted

I have a turbo probox with two pioneer premier twelves. It did not hit low notes that I knew myy subs were capable of and have heard them reproduce. I capped off two of the four triangular ports , one per sub and the bass got incredibly deep. Seems they did not need the extra portage. Maybe they help with low power but if you have this box and can't hit the lows try this. I promise it works. I blocked the two ouside ports though I'm not sure it matters. Don't throw this box away it can be tuned this way.

Posted

I have a turbo probox with two pioneer premier twelves. It did not hit low notes that I knew myy subs were capable of and have heard them reproduce. I capped off two of the four triangular ports , one per sub and the bass got incredibly deep. Seems they did not need the extra portage. Maybe they help with low power but if you have this box and can't hit the lows try this. I promise it works. I blocked the two ouside ports though I'm not sure it matters. Don't throw this box away it can be tuned this way.

Great first post and resurrection of a nearly 4 year old thread. Welcome to the forum. Oh, the reason that worked, btw, is because you drastically dropped the tuning frequency when you plugged those ports.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

i thought so too. i do know one thing. its locked now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 581 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...