StreetSlappah Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 the more members we get on this forum the more i see people using what i call "ethug language". its a language that makes no sense and abbreviates words that cant be abbreviated... like "and" for example. i know it is not just me that becomes annoyed at these people. punctuation is another needed thing. sure i dont use most of it and some of my words are shortened but at least my posts are understandable. For Example: Normal Sentence: "My friend used to sell his stuff on craigslist and he lost money by doing so. I told him eBay was a much better choice for selling things." Ethug Language: "Ma frien use 2 sale he stuf on cregslist en e dint make no money i say ebay is much better" it gives me a headache when i have to read a full paragraph of that. if there is a way to implement a rule telling people that their posts must be legible then please make it happen. if not then im sending a message to those that do type in that language. Message being "STOP" please. its not difficult to type. /rant over Quit crying haha jk, but it is true it does get annoying trying to read what they post and time consuming as well! Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center] Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/ 2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp 17" gold bbs 5% tint all around w/sunglare strip JVC dvd double din Knuconceptz 4ga wiring XS Power! Big 3 8" SAv2 d2 1800 audiopipe
IH8PunkRok Posted September 7, 2009 Author Report Posted September 7, 2009 also a lot of the time its the "dont knows" that type like that. so they explain a situation that no one can understand and a fight begins. then the mods gotta step in and people get banned that maybe dont derserve to be banned. itll make the place much better -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Dr. Johnson Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 Says the guy with it in his sig. above the one above me.
Gearstix Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 also a lot of the time its the "dont knows" that type like that. so they explain a situation that no one can understand and a fight begins. then the mods gotta step in and people get banned that maybe dont derserve to be banned. itll make the place much better I agree with you. I'm 16, and I hate when kids my age, even some 20-30 year olds can't type full words. Even when I text on my phone I spell words out.I do use slang though, but.. I see what your saying. 2005 Blazer Build... Mach 5 SPL-12s, Audiopipe AP3000.1D..
StreetSlappah Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 Says the guy with it in his sig. above the one above me. your "cool" "dr." hahaha Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center] Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/ 2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp 17" gold bbs 5% tint all around w/sunglare strip JVC dvd double din Knuconceptz 4ga wiring XS Power! Big 3 8" SAv2 d2 1800 audiopipe
VistaV6 Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 Typos happen, misspelled words happen, but man I know what you are saying. There are people that have posted on here that I can't even begin to respond to, because I can't understand it. I will use .... and commas too much ...I mean this isn't exactly english class. and Kian, that picture is off the chain!!! I could read everything! SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
1992Chevy K1500 Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 I agree with you. I'm 16, and I hate when kids my age, even some 20-30 year olds can't type full words. Even when I text on my phone I spell words out. I do use slang though, but.. I see what your saying. Hell yeah. I don't even use text (for another reason entirely, but this still would likely apply). My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
n8ball2013 Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 I couldnt agree more. I tend to misuse periods for commas when im posting but i try to spell shit out and make sense. When I see someone posting up all that drivel you are not getting an answer to a technical question from me. I don't want to be the reason that dumb ass burnt up his car because he cant comprehend what was just said. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
smokeumtires Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 But you have a reason for that, English isnt your primary language, still though you posts are like 1000000000x easier to read then some of the people on here. I also vote to have a rule on YELLING, I have seen many new people that join the forum, and all of there words are Capped out Bolded, from now on if people are "Yelling" I am not gonna attempt to help them with there problem, there is no reason to do that just asking a question. ****COUGH*** IRRAGI*****COUGH***** http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.