I believe that just like "hate crimes," drunk driving laws are redundant, and in some circumstances are a victimless crime.

As an example: Say someone commits assault. No racial or bigoted bias, just a assault for the sake of assault.

Now, let's say someone else assaults someone and they did it because they didn't like the other person's ethnicity. The person who committed that assault will get a worse sentence than the other person. Why is that? Because they didn't like that person? Since when do we have to like every one? Since when is disliking someone a crime? And what makes the first assault not a hate crime? They certainly didn't assault the person because they liked them. Hence why I believe "hate crimes" are redundant and punish thought and opinion.

Now, drunk driving laws.

Let's say you're driving home, completely sober, in a hurry but not paying attention. So you weave, overcompensate, spin out of control and take two other cars with you. You are charged with speeding, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, and you have caused several accidents. What was the cause of your accident? Not paying attention. Do they charge you with the crime of "not paying attention"? No.

Now what if you're drunk and in the same scenario? Weave, overcompensate, etc. You are charged with speeding, reckless driving, reckless endangerment, and you've caused several accidents. What was the cause of your accident? Alcohol. Do they charge you with a DWI? Yes.

THEN let's say you're drunk, drive home and cause no problems, no accidents, follow all traffic laws and everyone is safe and happy -- but at the last second before you turn into your driveway, an officer pulls you over on a whim. You are charged with DWI. Have you committed a crime beyond that? No. Are you being charged with a victimless crime? Yes.

There are already laws in place that cover the problems/accidents caused by inebriated drivers. In my opinion, drunk driving laws are redundant, possibly excessive, and borderline superfluous. Much like speeding tickets, they only restrain people who wouldn't do it in the first place, and act as revenue earners for municipalities.

Thoughts?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

:01nocomment8so: we shouldnt even get monitary fines for victomless crimes, IMO

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

obviously a hate crime is discerned by the fact the one party is attacking the other party based on or motivated by numerous things, mostly those that we have discrimination laws against, religion, ethnicity, sex, etc... assault is usually non motivated by any factors.

as far as drunk driving, there should be no tolerance with the law. if you get pulled over on any public road and you are drunk, have a great time in jail...

there is more awareness for not driving drunk then there is for robbing banks... how many advertisements are there for not robbing banks? none, but somehow we can grasp that concept. But we have radio, newspaper, TV, cable, Satellite, and HD radio, and possibly a carrier pigeon telling you it is a crime to drink and drive intoxicated ... but there are still some morons that have to get into a vehicle and take a chance, not with their life but with the life of others...

there is no victimless crime, someone ends up paying, with assault and hate crimes, families and whole communities can suffer from the effects, DUI, same thing, regardless if you get away with it or not.

Edited by North Olmsted Performance

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

everyone knows driving drunk is against the law, as well as stupid...I think you should get one warning for drunk driving IF you don't cause an accident, second time lose your license...no exceptions

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

alot of this is based on straight opinion...what if the writer of this was hit by a drunk driver or lost a family member to drunk driving? would they still feel the same way? Not too sure, but I believe they would find it a little less redundant or excessive...driving is not easy...one little slip up and your fucked, so we need to be as alert/on point as physically and mentally possible to meneuver a motor vehicle away from dangerous and possibly deadly situations...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I say you take a driving class

if you can pass the class drunk they take your abl and that's your legal limit

I know some people it would be .20 and some it would be .0001

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

You do realize that when you drive drunk, it's not about you, and it's not about the possibility of getting home safe, once. You're going to do it again and again if it is legal and the bottom line is,

You're putting OTHER people's lives in danger who have no control over how you drive. Driving drunk is a very selfish thing, IMO, and extremely stupid

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter