New wcf info *must read*

ALPINE408

It's really disappointing that things can't come together for Reno, even more disappointing that this change couldn't have been brought to light more than four days before the event. Some of us actually plan ahead and made our reservations and planned a weekend away, but what can you do. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

It's really disappointing that things can't come together for Reno, even more disappointing that this change couldn't have been brought to light more than four days before the event. Some of us actually plan ahead and made our reservations and planned a weekend away, but what can you do. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mega_shok.gif

i just got the info and as soon as i did i posted it i know everyone planned for reno but people back out this is nothing new sux but happends still nothing in stone but it will be at melos auto and it will be the 12th or the 20th im sorry

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Lets all just take a breathe and relax. No point getting upset over this.

This is just the type of thing this sport has been experiencing for the past couple of years. I am sure any of the veterans can back me up on this. Dealer suupport has really gone down. If the dealer doesn't actively compete they more or less seem to have no reason to host a show. If we look back at all the shows this year, how many were at a car audio shops about 50%. If we look back to the amount of shows we had this season its down to over 50% from previous years. Doug has been battling this for a while now.

Lets just remember that WCF is for us. It is a way for us to have Finale of our own with competitors we actively compete against.

I know it sucks finding out last minute when a show is or that it has been cancelled or relocated. All I know is that we should really make the best of it at the show when we are there. I hope we can figure something out quick.......

i just got the info and as soon as i did i posted it i know everyone planned for reno but people back out this is nothing new sux but happends still nothing in stone but it will be at melos auto and it will be the 12th or the 20th im sorry

It gets frustrating trying to plan weekends around db drag. We blew off a lot family commitments the last few years so that we could make a lot of shows. This year, we are not focusing completely on db drag...focusing on family, starting a business and not spending a fortune driving to every show. Then the few shows that we do plan always seem to be rescheduled or canceled all together. This is supposed to be something fun to do, it's not much fun when things are changed at the last minute or not even confirmed to begin with. How many shows have been "planned" and then never happened this season, it's just getting old. I'm pretty sure it is not just Bill and I that feel this way.

It gets frustrating trying to plan weekends around db drag. We blew off a lot family commitments the last few years so that we could make a lot of shows. This year, we are not focusing completely on db drag...focusing on family, starting a business and not spending a fortune driving to every show. Then the few shows that we do plan always seem to be rescheduled or canceled all together. This is supposed to be something fun to do, it's not much fun when things are changed at the last minute or not even confirmed to begin with. How many shows have been "planned" and then never happened this season, it's just getting old. I'm pretty sure it is not just Bill and I that feel this way.

Totally understand your frustration, but somebody obviously isn't in good health at the moment and his hospitalization is the reason for this relocation of the event. As much as it effects your quality of life, i'm sure it pales in comparison to the quality of life Freddy is dealing with at the moment so I really think instead of everybody whining about the situation you all should be thankful that you're healthy and not in need of being hospitalized like Freddy.

I don't know Freddy, but I hope he gets well soon and i'm sure he'd much rather be at the show in Reno with you guys on the 12th instead of in the hospital but some things are more important than others.

Now let's hope plans are finalized tonight so I can come out and hear your guys' beastly systems!!!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Totally understand your frustration, but somebody obviously isn't in good health at the moment and his hospitalization is the reason for this relocation of the event. As much as it effects your quality of life, i'm sure it pales in comparison to the quality of life Freddy is dealing with at the moment so I really think instead of everybody whining about the situation you all should be thankful that you're healthy and not in need of being hospitalized like Freddy.

I don't know Freddy, but I hope he gets well soon and i'm sure he'd much rather be at the show in Reno with you guys on the 12th instead of in the hospital but some things are more important than others.

Now let's hope plans are finalized tonight so I can come out and hear your guys' beastly systems!!!

Before you get all sideways on this, lets clear a few things.

First off We know Freddy and know him well, We wish him all the best in getting better from whatever has him down and out.

The main point of all this is, we are 4 days out to one of the few bigger events all year. Freddy was a contact person because he is local to the area. Doug is the fuckin judge and promoter for this reign. What it all comes down to is him relying on others to do his work for him.

I am extremely disappointed in this past years "promoting" The fact that we are just reading about this 4 days out when calls were made at least as early as last weekend to get things going for this show is bullshit. If there was any loose ends that needed to be tied up, it should of been done months ago. It's not like we had a wild hair to hold a show 4 days from now.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Well lets not bring Freddy into this at all. Freddy has definately been a supporter of the sport in different aspects of dB Drag from promoting, competing, installing and hosting/throwing his own events.

Mel states some key facts and some honest truths of frustrations. That of which I share with her. If ANYONE knows me I am prepared when I show up to a show. I mean I am damn near 100% show ready at a drop of dime. However, a db drag event normally takes up majority of the day/weekend. So schedule preparation is something that needs to be addressed. Just as Danny pointed out he took time off from work. Alpine I know took time off from work. I mean we can go on and on about how many times the events have been moved or cancelled.

Like you said SQ lets just hope for this event to be locked up soon but, as of right now lets just hope this event even happens.

Archived