DC Sound Lab

Not really sure what to think after my first DC buying experience...

Well after putting an order through my good pal Clay (A Team) for a set of level 4 12s with level 5 coils I was kind of skeptical of spending bigger money on woofers are my bad experience with *D subs. Didnt really take long to put the worries behind me when I got a call the very next morning letting me know the subs had been built and dropped off at the shipping office. Clay received my subs within a week or so and had to take pics and post them to make me jealous I couldnt have them for over a week. Then late Sunday night we were chatting and he told me to come down the next day and grab my stuff, hang out for a bit etc. I was going to just wait to go down until his show the next weekend but when I said I didnt have much money and he called me a cheap cunt I had to change my mind. So I went down there and wired them up and played with them for a bit. I was really impressed with the way they were built and the way they looked. I was even more impressed when I was loosening them up at 20hz and they werent even considering breaking a sweat. We played with them for a little bit on a Stetsom 4k2d, Did a few tests at 2 ohms and they were doing the same numbers my old subs did, I was kind of bummed out by this. Then after a few more tests we decided to drop the amp to .5 and suddenly I had a change of heart! My old subs would have died after about 3 burps and the DC's were just laughing away. I will post the scores and pics after this weekends show to see if I can improve a little bit. All I can say is im very happy with the service (despite not even getting to talk to anyone at DC :P) and the product. Now its time to get loud!

And Rusty if your hiding out there somewhere, if you can pm me how many cu ft the level 4s like for SPL that would be awesome.

-Spencer

Posted Image

Posted Image

DC Audio

Stetsom

150 DB Club

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

Those are the specs for the woofers. Looks like they need 2 ft^3 ported each for SPL.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card