Sundown Audio

Amp on a budget

Nova

I tried to search for this but I stopped after page 4 of my search. Anyway, I ordered a fully loaded dual 2 ohm 18" BTL and I only have about $500 to spend on an amp and I want to keep it around $400 if possible. The only one I have found that looks decent in my price range is the Hifonics BXI 2610D. Inputs please.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

I looked at them but I can't afford $899 for an amp... BTL's say 2k RMS and people are running more but for the more inexperienced at wiring etc, stay close to the 2k... I will shoot him a PM on here and see if that helps. Keep suggestions coming please.

-And I will look at that Audioque

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

hifonics has a track record for the past 4 or so model years of basically putting out garbage on the cheap (couldnt do near rated power, overheated/clipped out at 1ohm even though it says 1ohm stable, etc)

audioque on the other hand easily does rated, with clean power, and is damn reliable doing it. From my experience and the reviews on this board it seems to be a very solid and well made amp.

These new hifonics look more promising, but thats not saying much. Basically the advise is to go for something tried and true and affordable instead of something that might be good enough.

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm scroll down a bit to order

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I looked at them but I can't afford $899 for an amp... BTL's say 2k RMS and people are running more but for the more inexperienced at wiring etc, stay close to the 2k... I will shoot him a PM on here and see if that helps. Keep suggestions coming please.

-And I will look at that Audioque

Our HF1000.1 will do ya nice for power on a BTL

I use a pair of our 1k's on a pair of LVL 5's and they move nicely.

Quite a few people on here are getting way more then rated from them.

Email me at:

[email protected] if you have any questions.

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)