DC Sound Lab

DC sub for Sundown 1500D

i said 2 lvl 4 12s, since their RMS is 1k... and the 1500 will put out almost 2k rms anyways...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Im saying, with the XL, you have room to upgrade to another XL and 1500 down the road... but for right now, the 2 lvl 4s will be louder i think

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I am still going with the 2 level 3 12's. it will be louder on the same power. Especially if you do not want to upgrade right away. But I only base my opinion on my experience with both subs. Cost to output ratio will be higher with the level 3's. I do not think you will be disappointed with level 3's.

I am still going with the 2 level 3 12's. it will be louder on the same power. Especially if you do not want to upgrade right away. But I only base my opinion on my experience with both subs. Cost to output ratio will be higher with the level 3's. I do not think you will be disappointed with level 3's.

I see thats what Im taking into consideration aswell. they are rated at 600W each they definitely slam well on 1500W.

also 2 LVL 3 12s is equivalent to 1 LVL 4XL 15 in price here in my place.

Edited by resident_virus

im gonna chime in here i think if the 15 was powered well in a good box it would b real close to 2 lv3 12 .i have a lvl3 15 and when it gets to about 1k in power it has some cone control issues so i have to plug ports to regain the cone control.that xl is much stronger and stiffer and wll give more control along a much larger power range ..i still would go xl and a single woofer ..and like previously stated go 18 if u can..

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

i would get the XL they are amazing woofers. And i would shoot for an 18" :)

x2!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe