Sonic Electronix

i'm thinking a little ahead on this but its a question i've been pondering for a while.in my soon to be system i will be running four tens and two 600 watt amps and they will be crossed, my question is should i use the crossover on my amps if i'm going to be using an active crossover also? i have heard both sides of this story but i kinda think it would be better just the crossover by itself because

one box controling both amps, and it would also let me use one knob to control both amps. also running the both amps bypassed with just the external x-over would be less clutter for the signal, i know thats how it is for my guitar and PA equipment. is it the same for cars and if not why?

Nah, I'd just set the crossover on your amp to full-pass & control your inputs from the in-line active crossover.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking. i guess ill probably try both ways and just see what works, but im pretty sure ill end up just running the active x-over alone.

anyone else wanna give their 2 cents on this issue im really torn, of coarse im gonna probly try both ways anyway but ide like to semi educated before i just start flippin switches and turnin knobs

anyone else wanna give their 2 cents on this issue im really torn, of coarse im gonna probly try both ways anyway but ide like to semi educated before i just start flippin switches and turnin knobs

just use your active crossover it will be more adjustable and accurate than the one in the amp.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

ive heard that but im kinda curious if having the one on the amps set to low pass would just be like extra protection

not unless you have a scope and can set the crossovers precisely to match each other

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

ive heard that but im kinda curious if having the one on the amps set to low pass would just be like extra protection
not unless you have a scope and can set the crossovers precisely to match each other

Correct, otherwise the signal going into your amp will be filtered twice & possibly be weaker. If your amp has a full-pass setting, flip the switch to that & use your active crossover to adjust what you need.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

honestly id use the active only... although currently im using my amps crossover along with a crossover on my deck

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer