Second Skin Audio

screws or braid nails

Could you use regular nails if you don't have an air compressor or bradgun? If so what size nails should be used?

if u are talking about using hammer and nails then dont do it....gonna split the holy hell out of the wood if u do it that way

predril and use some screws...

i likes me some audio stuff...

usually i predrill then glue the pieces together and then clamp it. now back to the predrills i fill the holes full of glue and drop a good mdf screw down into that. NEVER had any problems with a box coming apart.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

if u are talking about using hammer and nails then dont do it....gonna split the holy hell out of the wood if u do it that way

predril and use some screws...

Thats the way I've always done it. Was just curious to nailing. Thanks for the quick answer.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Brad nailer is way faster if you have one and if you use a good glue the box will be just as strong.

2 tips though...

1. Be careful firing into the edge of wood, if it's much less than 3/4" MDF you can still blow it apart easily enough

2. Angle the nail a little towards the inside of the box. It increases the pull-out strength slightly since you're not pulling straight up on the nail and if you slip or the wood blows out or something the nail will just fly into the box rather than coming out, bouncing off the concrete and going god-knows-where (like your eye)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Brad nailer is way faster if you have one and if you use a good glue the box will be just as strong.

2 tips though...

1. Be careful firing into the edge of wood, if it's much less than 3/4" MDF you can still blow it apart easily enough

2. Angle the nail a little towards the inside of the box. It increases the pull-out strength slightly since you're not pulling straight up on the nail and if you slip or the wood blows out or something the nail will just fly into the box rather than coming out, bouncing off the concrete and going god-knows-where (like your eye)

lol i had one shoot about an inch into my thumb. was not fun.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

If you have a table saw or a circular saw with a straight edge definitely go with brad nails and wood glue. I like to use just a few screws on any panels longer than 24" or high power applications. If your only option it to use a free hand circular saw or jigsaw for your box then your gonna want to use 1 5/8" drywall screws with an 1/8" pilot hole to pull your box together tight, if you have really big gaps (anything over 1/8")then you'll want ot spring for liquid nails instead of wood glue because it will fill up anywhere you have a hole.

Have fun picking MDF boogers!