Second Skin Audio

WHAT THE F***

those amps have phase adjustment? they may not be wired out of phase, but the phase on an amp may be twisted...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

screw the subs down all the way so the rattle goes away...just my .2 :D

what about settings on the amp/hu?

do u have a sub control and bass control on your headunit....what level are they at?

what about the gain on the amp...how high is it? make sure its on low pass filter (lpf), at around 70-80hz, subsonic a little below tuning...and make sure the gain isnt cranked up...what about bass boost on the amp?

Bass on HU isn't cranked up, gain on them amp is just about where they came from factory, LPF is on, I have a bass knob from JL audio, and it was turned all the way up.

i say out of phase..or...why the fuck did you get lighning audio subs?

Very cheap :)

I remember telling you that even on the manufacteror's website it say's .9 sealed! they don't give ported recommendations at all that is what I said in your other post.

Well, the subs came in boxes in a kit, and the boxes were ported, why they dont have ported on the website idk, idk.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Then if I was you, I would check the phase, even if you dont think thats what it could be. one way you could do it is get a .5 or 1 hz tone and play it really low volume, and watch the motion of the subs to make sure they are equal and the same way. you could pick out something when on a higher note you couldnt. Just make sure you don't blow your subs doing it.

Edit: One other thing.... how much air is moving in and out of the port?

Not very much at all

those amps have phase adjustment? they may not be wired out of phase, but the phase on an amp may be twisted...

I don't know

screw the subs down all the way so the rattle goes away...just my .2 :D

I will once I figure out what is messed up

subsonic or LPF messed up ?

I don't know

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

how cheap? im willing to bet you could have gotted a decent sub for the money or close to it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

how cheap? im willing to bet you could have gotted a decent sub for the money or close to it

both subs, both amps, both in carpeted boxes, 2 runs of fused 10 guage wire, 2 runs of ground wire, 2 turn on's, 2 bass knobs with wiring of course, 2 rca's, all the wire terminals and stuff, for ~$200

and yeah crash, the only reason I started building this box is because they sounded atleast twice as loud in that huge box I have (and they sounded nice too)....and every1 here told me to make a new and even better box.

Edited by VistaV6