Second Skin Audio

What sub config ? - 4x12's, 4x15's or 2 18's ?

I had 4 15s and switched to 2 18s and I love it for a few reasons.

1) The bass isn't OVERKILL. 4 15s has a huge amount of bass even on low levels so you have to watch out if you like to play normal music sometimes.

2) The WOW factor of having 2 18s and beating people with 6 12s is just priceless.

3) 2 really good 18s will cost you less or near the same as 4 15s and go much louder with less power.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

1) The bass isn't OVERKILL. 4 15s has a huge amount of bass even on low levels so you have to watch out if you like to play normal music sometimes.

2) The WOW factor of having 2 18s and beating people with 6 12s is just priceless.

3) 2 really good 18s will cost you less or near the same as 4 15s and go much louder with less power.

I'm going to question some things. First, 1000 watts is 1000 watts is 1000 watts. Now 4 15s is going to have slightly more cone area, and cone area usually adds to SPL, but your first statement is false. Type of box, tuning, type of sub, variable factors might come in to play, but a box for 2 18s and a box for 4 15s, both tuned at the same should be slightly louder on the 15s.

Second one I can go with.

Third one I have to question as well. First you say the 4 15s have a huge amount of bass, but then this statement you say 2 18s are louder. Again, technically the 15s should be louder because of cone area.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

if he has the option to go with 4 BTLs i dont think money is a issue, and its 4 BTLs, i would go with the 4... especially if your trying to get stupid loud.. 2 18s will get stupid loud as well, but its something sexy about 4+ subs :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

2 18's are not really louder on less power, it is all in the box design and tuning so 4 15's in an ideal box vs the 18's the 15's will win all day every day, on the same power the cone area makes all the difference =D

2 18's could beat 15's if built right but 15's could destroy 18's built right too. Install is 90% the battle

if he has the option to go with 4 BTLs i dont think money is a issue, and its 4 BTLs, i would go with the 4... especially if your trying to get stupid loud.. 2 18s will get stupid loud as well, but its something sexy about 4+ subs :)

hellz yeah it will be stupid loud, when I get a hold on some money im doing 4 15's and it will be StOOpId loud :P