it depends how far the crack goes down the cylinder wall. if its not too far you can shave the block.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

it depends how far the crack goes down the cylinder wall. if its not too far you can shave the block.

like the post above drive it till it blows,but you cant cause its torn apart already either way if you have to shave the block the motor has to come out and torn apart.but since you have the heads off they have to be shaved anyways and replacing the gaskets why not be safe and have the crack checked,and then rebuild cause if it blows later you are out about 200 bucks for gaskets and labor, if im incorrect about something let me know? i just dont want you to waste time and money,for doing the job twice.hope this helped

yea exactly, i would just drive it till it quits and either shave it and all that jazz, or snag a new engine

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

This is just one of my 3 engines. I just got this one and got the heads off to check wear and tear. Im thinking maybe I could sleeve it. Im honestly prolly gonna go get $10-12 from the scrap yard and buy a new 350 4 bolt main from Performance Automotive Warehouse. Well Atleast I got a TH350 in the deal lol.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350