newls1's HUGE 8"s of fury x2 (Starts page 15 for newest update 3/17/13)

to clarify all the numbers... i doubled checked everything... 1.04cuft as sub disp... and 1cuft min of bracing, likely it will be closer to 2cuft... so here is his range... ill redo calculations once i find out what all he did

22.5h*46.5w*44.5 = 26.94cuft

26.94cuft - 1.04 = 25.9cuft

so

[email protected]

to

[email protected]

heres a little part people forget about... when u cutout circles for the subs and the subs mount above those circles then the area below is considered part of the internal volume since i am already accounting for the subs displacement

so

(9"^2*3.14*1.5") [radius squared x pi x height] = .22cuft

.22cuft*4 = .88cuft more volume

[email protected].......36hz he needs to cut .5 off, 38hz he needs to cut 4.2" off, 40hz he needs to cut 7.5" off

to

[email protected].......36hz he needs to cut 1.8 off, 38hz he needs to cut 5.5" off, 40hz he needs to cut 8.5" off

i could be wrong about this but im pretty sure the above statement is true, so [email protected] min, [email protected] max unless he changes port length

see what i mean about options since his port is on the outside and he starting with more volume

if he doubles the power the hdcs will be fine in 20-22cuft

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Decaf, are we still ok to follow the cut list you sent me originally? or is there some minor changes?. This is what you sent me a while ago as a cut list:

bottom

61*48

top and baffle

45*48

sides

60.25*22.5

port piece

15*46.5

vertical piece above port/front (rounded over at the bottom for port)

12.5*46.5

port supports

15.75*10

so build it rectangular first, then either use a router or jig saw to cut out the triangle on each side

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Posted Image

all im getting at is u are between [email protected] minimum and [email protected] maximum depending on bracing used with current measurements... the more bracing you use the smaller the box and the higher the tuning

all that math was just giving u an example of how u could shorten the rear port area BEFORE u attatch the piece with audioque letters on it if u want to change tuning higher, hell if u just use screws to attach the piece with the letters and no glue then u can change ur tuning anytime very easily by just taking a little port length off

audioques prefer 35-40hz tuning for daily... a very narrow range, but u have the ability to go from 36.5 if u use alot of bracing and 35 if u are somewhat conservative... if u want to go higher tuning because u arent hitting higher notes(which likely wont happen) then u can do it in about 3 minutes with a dremel or jigsaw

this is the advantage of the external ports or switchable ports (come to think about it this box could even be modified for a switchable port pretty easy too)

im ramblin

do work son

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Well, Brian was over today, and THIS BROTHA IS NO JOKE!! Here is todays progress in a picture form. What is left now, is 45 degree resined angles (Cant wait to do this) and more 2x4 bracing where needed. I did a light sanding (as not much was needed as brian measures 34 times, then cuts :drinks: . I am going to putty up all the counter sunk holes, and sand tham all smooth, etc..... On to the pictures:

You can see Brian inside my box LOL!!! I think the port should be big enough LOL!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

GOOD GOD!!! That's a lot of box!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

Archived