DD Mids + RE XXX Mids Sound Test

what about the dd midbass? i was gunna run a set of em in my doors if i ever rebuilt n run active but i unno

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yeah, i was pretty close with my guess on price of those DD's... it may be a little high, but the speaker and tweeter handle 150 rms, and according to somebody on this thread, they sound better than focals :unknw: i'd really like to know how they sound in comparison... im stuck between the two brands, but im leaning toward focal, since i know they actually have the SQ

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

its not that hard to sound better then focal lol, not putting down DD at all but Focal is an aquired taste, i personally think the tweeters are to bright for my liking but focal reps will say its because they have a wider dispersion then other tweeters .

ive had polyglass acess k2p and some mix and match sets and none of them have been better imo then rainbow germaniums or hertz mille/hi energy setups

to answer someone who asked earlier in the thread, XXX comp and hi energy comp its pretty much what your more comfortable running if you have a ton of door space for the deep xxx and are ok with RE having shitty customer service if something does go wrong then get them, if you have 80-125rms to run on a comp set and want a company to stand by you get the hertz, sound wise the XXX and them are real close just the hertz is higher effieciency so less wattage for the same result.

i've been put into the wierd position of running1 set of re xxx or dd's active with about 100wrms to each midbass and tweeter (going the sq route) or running 2 sets of 2ohm jbl powers at 150 to each crossover (150 x 4), or running 4 sets of boston's wired down to 2ohms (so 75 to each crossover x8...each tweeter and woofer is only seeing 37.5wrms at that point, but it would be 8 woofers and 8 tweeters in my front doors

price isnt the issue, but does anyone think i'd be better off sending 400wrms to a set off dd's or re's or sending 600wrms to 4 sets of bostons?

edit:re is a 2ohm set, so it would be 600wrms to one pair

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

my amp does 100x4@4, 150x4@2, so the re's would see300 a side and the dd's 200 a side

but the question becomes should i wail on some re's with 300 a side or do 4 times as many bostons with the same power between them? i just feel that ANY midbass seeing that kind of power is going to have heat issues and lose the lower end as overexcursion becomes an issue. 75 watts to my beefy jbl's and they cant really play below 80hz without breaking up...infact theyre on a 12db 80hz AND a 12db 63hz just to keep the low lows out.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived