Sonic Electronix

Does brand really matter?

nah man thats only MAXX power so your relaly getting like maybe 400-500 RMS if that.plain and simple its like if say you got a honda (crunch)and wanted it to perform like a cadillac(rockford)sure it was cheaper teh honda but it'll make less power and wont turn good.do you get what im saying?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

brand matters to an extent, i like to look at it as tiers, you have a shitty tier and a middle tier and a high end tier.

usually within each tier brand doesnt matter as they are all pretty close to each other. the hard part is figuring out whats in each tier, and i used 3 tiers as an example but id probably realisticlly say theres like 5-6 tiers

Hey guys, Im doin my first build and I'm in the amp shopping stage. I found some 1000 and 1100 watt crunch amps for like 80-100 bucks. Ive been told go with a trusted brand but I am wondering if a 250-400 watt name brand amp if better than a 1000 or 1100 watt crunch amp...or boos for that matter....Thanks for your time

I bought a mb Quart dsc 1000.1 amp for $280.00 for my 2 12 re sr subs and it hits hard. I hit 140.5 db with it. And dont buy car audio from wal-mart trust me i used to work there as a manager.

Edited by jrplayer35

jrplayer36

Edit Btw fink you ever get your sub from zax? sorry don't mean to T/J

it should be coming in the next hour or so :8)

edit: i fail at smileys

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D