To work at bestbuy or not?

I wouldn't. I've worked at Best Buy. It sucks, you'll probably hate it. Just imagine putting up with all the newbs that you meet on the net on a daily basis and sitting around answering their retarded questions all day long. It's not fun. Not to mention that you get no respect what so ever from other installers that are local because you work at Best Buy and is usually the place where their installers that couldn't hack it go to.

The decision is up to you, but I tried it for a minute and as soon as another shop called they got a 2 week notice and I never looked back. Their corporate atmosphere is fucking ghey right along with their painful morning meetings where you play stupid fucking games that you wouldn't have wanted to play when you were in kindergarden. Don't sell out cause that's what happens when you work at Best Buy. Take it from someone that worked there, it's pretty lame.

One last thing I forgot. The pay is bullshit!!! $11 an hour is whack as hell for install work even for Best Buy. Not to mention that they will get rid of you right before your about to get a raise for just about any reason they can find. I saw it happen to 2 different guys that I worked with. I didn't work there long enough for it to happen to me but I'm sure that it would have if I had stayed longer. I left Best Buy making $12.27 an hour to go to a custom shop with only a year and a half of experience under my belt to make $18.50 an hour. Now what's wrong with that picture. Corperate bullshit is what's wrong.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

well if you dont have imployment there is no reason not to work their

x2 ......

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

what are the benfits working there? and what are the discounts?

you'll get 10% off of wholesale on all items.

for instance, bestbuy sells dynamat xtreme door packs (12sq ft) for $99.99, and i got mine for $34. i also got my infinity kappa 6.5 coaxils for like $45 too. benefits of having my brother working there.

you guys think bestbuy disounts are cheaper than ebay prices?

yes. both items i mentioned above were selling for 10-20$ more on ebay.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

I wouldn't. I've worked at Best Buy. It sucks, you'll probably hate it. Just imagine putting up with all the newbs that you meet on the net on a daily basis and sitting around answering their retarded questions all day long. It's not fun. Not to mention that you get no respect what so ever from other installers that are local because you work at Best Buy and is usually the place where their installers that couldn't hack it go to.

The decision is up to you, but I tried it for a minute and as soon as another shop called they got a 2 week notice and I never looked back. Their corporate atmosphere is fucking ghey right along with their painful morning meetings where you play stupid fucking games that you wouldn't have wanted to play when you were in kindergarden. Don't sell out cause that's what happens when you work at Best Buy. Take it from someone that worked there, it's pretty lame.

One last thing I forgot. The pay is bullshit!!! $11 an hour is whack as hell for install work even for Best Buy. Not to mention that they will get rid of you right before your about to get a raise for just about any reason they can find. I saw it happen to 2 different guys that I worked with. I didn't work there long enough for it to happen to me but I'm sure that it would have if I had stayed longer. I left Best Buy making $12.27 an hour to go to a custom shop with only a year and a half of experience under my belt to make $18.50 an hour. Now what's wrong with that picture. Corperate bullshit is what's wrong.

unlike him i say go for it...in these times private shops are few and far beyween and getting that kinda pay out of one is even further. Bestbuy has a steady client base youll work on more cars in a month there then anywhere else would in prob 3 months, youll learn ALOT on the fly. and youll make alot of contacts as well. use it to perfect your craft...

I know a Very knowledgable installer who owns thier own business now that started off working at a best buy.

75% off displayed prices on all mobile electronics. I don't work there so I'll let you know the deal. Its different from everystore but pretty close to that (some are even better than that). No BB employee would ever tell you that cause the managers scare you pretty good. And they have the right to ask to see what you've bought at a discount installed in your car, that way your not turning around and selling the shit on them. I def recommend getting a job there, sales experience is always great to have.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Archived