Looking for new components

siucsaluki11

What active cross over you gonna run?

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

I also reccomend the PPI 5 1/4's or 6 1/2's, but I would honestly think about running that particular comp passively. The crossovers that come with them are amazing! They are biampable meaning that you can flip a switch and use all 4 channels to run a single set. They have wires for both the mid and tweet on the output side of the crossover so this is easy to do. I haven't actually hooked mine up to the car yet, but on my home receiver they sound awesome.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

What active cross over you gonna run?

Probably running it off the amp, im only going to have speakers in the front doors.

I also reccomend the PPI 5 1/4's or 6 1/2's, but I would honestly think about running that particular comp passively. The crossovers that come with them are amazing! They are biampable meaning that you can flip a switch and use all 4 channels to run a single set. They have wires for both the mid and tweet on the output side of the crossover so this is easy to do. I haven't actually hooked mine up to the car yet, but on my home receiver they sound awesome.

Ill look into those.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Only worry with the DLS is the ratings for power handling. limits posted on where i checked.

My friend ran over 200wrms a side into the MS6A mids and they loved it :)

EDIT: The crossovers tend to be the limiting factor, the drivers themselves will take gobs of power. And since you're running active, you're sweet :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Your going to run active and use the crossovers on the amp? You cant do that man, I don't really know of an amp that has filters that go high enough to properly crossover from mid to tweeter

*1) AudioQue 20k

Your going to run active and use the crossovers on the amp? You cant do that man, I don't really know of an amp that has filters that go high enough to properly crossover from mid to tweeter

Then your not aware because there are tons of amps out there that do. For example my Sundown sax50.4 has the high pass that goes all the way up to 5000hz. A couple others for you are the power series Rockford amps, Cerwin Vega Exl400.4 goes up to 3300hz, higher end Hifonics like the Jupiter, Mb Quart Discus if your tweets can be crossedover at 1200hz, JL Audio 300/4, Soundstream Reference and Rubicon to name a few. Most amps have a X10 switch that can be set for the crossover that boosts the highest and lowest freq that the crossover does by 10. For example the Sundown amp has the crossover switch that says 50-500hz but you can flip the X10 switch and that takes the high pass crossover from 500-5000hz. Do you understand now? There are hundreds of amps out there that you can safely crossover the tweets on.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Me=Owned, haha I guess I never noticed. Sorry for the wrong info guys. I apologize.

*1) AudioQue 20k

i have the old RF T1 comp set... but sadly im still working on the pods... they havnt seen any power yet...they are getting cheap now....i saw some on ebay for 150$ brand new and free shipping... ive heard jbl's, their pretty clean... have you seen RE's XXX 6.5 comps? those are my dream mids.. there hard to find now tho...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

i say jbl, not just because i'm such a big fan of jbl and know they could eat 200watts a side all day, but because in my opinion they really are some of the best sounding components on the market. I love big beefy soft dome tweets, and strong warm midbass. They have a really rich and clean sound. but it's all preference at the end of the day

try and get your ass to a bunch of shows and ask for demos. 99% of people at a car show are more than happy to show off what they have, talk a bit, etc. Its rare to meet someone that wont let you listen and then tell you what components are in there, how its run, what amp, etc...

this is how i know Focal is NEVER going in my car, i can appreciate what they've done but its not something i'd listen to. Its also how i know that irregardless of the price, a boston SR is better sounding to me than the Pro's or z's.

unless you're competing in sq, its what YOU think sounds best, what YOU can live with.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i say jbl, not just because i'm such a big fan of jbl and know they could eat 200watts a side all day, but because in my opinion they really are some of the best sounding components on the market. I love big beefy soft dome tweets, and strong warm midbass. They have a really rich and clean sound. but it's all preference at the end of the day

try and get your ass to a bunch of shows and ask for demos. 99% of people at a car show are more than happy to show off what they have, talk a bit, etc. Its rare to meet someone that wont let you listen and then tell you what components are in there, how its run, what amp, etc...

this is how i know Focal is NEVER going in my car, i can appreciate what they've done but its not something i'd listen to. Its also how i know that irregardless of the price, a boston SR is better sounding to me than the Pro's or z's.

unless you're competing in sq, its what YOU think sounds best, what YOU can live with.

x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

Archived