Sonic Electronix

i blew 2 cvr's and i called the company and they said it was because i didnt break the speakers in but they would be happy to replace them...how exactly do you break speakers in?

will it be ok to have to kicker cvr (400rms each) at 1 ohm wired to a hifonics 1200d or is that to much power and im running stock electrical

2000 toyota tacoma ext. cab

JVC AH-59 head unit

knukonceptz 4ga kolossus Amp kit

hifonics brutus 1200D

2 Kicker CVR 12

prefab vented enclosure

im no expert but most people will say like the first week or two that you have them play them soft. dont just go banging on the right out of the box. When i first got mine i only played on volume like 20 out of 35 until the got broken in. May not be very helpful but my experience.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Yeah I've never broken subs in and I've had no problems, I used to own CVRs too.

That amp probably does like what 900-1000rms. So that's a perfect amount since you always want a little more power on hand so you don't stress the amp trying to make the power, but if the amp isn't set correctly then you will have problems.

What are your amp and HU settings?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I could be wrong but I have always looked at breaking in a subwoofer from the spider/suspensions point of view.

If it has a really tight spider I can fully understand why you wouldn't want to push it to hard rite off the batt. I do think failure is rare but ya don't want to stress the spider to much, you want it to loosen up so it will flex well/propperly.

As far as blowing a sub because its not broken in, never had that problem and can't figure out how you break in a coil.LOL

Now if you over powered it like it sounds like then that is all you. Sorry for ya!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

there is no way in hell your blew them because the spiders were not broken in. Subs die for 2 reason, thermally and mechanically. A tighter surround WILL NOT cause the sub will blow, if anything it will help it from bottoming out, therefore there is no way that was the culpret. In no way is a spider related to the thermal capacity of the sub, so there is no way it blew thermally due to not breaking in the spider. You could easily blow a 1000 watt rated sub with 300 watts if you clip the hell out of it. What kind of box did you have them , and what were the settings on the amp and head unit when you blew it, cause i'm sure it was clipped

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

ive ran about 1300 daily to 2 2's for over 6 months and never had a problem. i never had anything less on them. didnt even bother breaking them in either. 650 straight to the head rightouta the box.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs