Cavalier/installing Equipment/rear Battery Box/amprack

only problem i would see by soldering the wires, is that the screw might not "screw" down into the wire like it usually does. ya know when you pull it out and see the indentation of where the screw is? thats what im talking about.

ahhh your right. I noticed that wen moving my ground wire.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

the solder must be soft enough to bury the set screw a bit then,because I just went out and checked them ...and they are SOLID...........

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

the solder must be soft enough to bury the set screw a bit then,because I just went out and checked them ...and they are SOLID...........

I didnt mean to sound ....snippy there...........but after you mentioned that ,I thought id go check... :)

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

It is, I use that trick for componant sets, never done it for power wire though, will have to try it on the burb....;)

lookin good man!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Gah that trunk looks soo clean. You oughta just leave it like that!! I mean, maybe add some trim panels, but they aren't even necessary. Have you heard it yet?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Gah that trunk looks soo clean. You oughta just leave it like that!! I mean, maybe add some trim panels, but they aren't even necessary. Have you heard it yet?

that is pretty much what the trunk will look like.....but the amps will get acrylic under them....and it will be back lit with LEDs...

I like the solder tip Tim-ay..........prahaps a "Tim-ay tips of The Trade Thread" is in order eh?

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I got it all wired up today...Its loud as hell..........but it sounds like SHIT........every thing needs to be tuned...and I have NO idea where to start..The sub amps need to be level matched....and Im not sure how to do it...

I was so worried about my windshield...........but the damn back window is about ready to pop out the damn car....

Archived