How much of a difference?

At my last competition I did a 145.7db at the passenger dash with my driver door open with the equipment in my sig.

So I am not quite sure what the actual power output is on my T1001bd but it is definitely a sweet amp.

I just purchased a Sundown Audio SAE1200d amp and was wanting to know with exact same equipment minus the T1001bd and add in the SAE1200d if you think I can get into the 146 range?

I am a little confused because the Fosgate Amp is 150amp fusing but only rated at 1000 RMS @ 1ohm

The Sundown SAE1200d is 150amp Fusing and rated at 1200 RMS @ 1ohm

I have heard a few people say to take Fusing x 10 to get your hypothetical RMS output of course minus impedance rise ect...ect..ect

that would mean that these amps would be right around the same... I guess I will know more when I get the amp and hook it up and meter it but want to know a few of your thoughts on this.

A little more info:

Name of the song in the video is:

Danity Kane - Show Stopper

Also another question... things that I notice since I have been playing a few tracks.

When you are playing songs that are close to your resonant Frequency do you get less voltage drop?

Hrmmm... I suspect the amp alone wouldn't make much difference but I suppose we're only talking about a few tenths.

You would be better off playing with things like seat position, sunvisors, aircon vents... that kinda crap that costs $0 and could potentially gain you more.

Can you move the box around at all?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Hrmmm... I suspect the amp alone wouldn't make much difference but I suppose we're only talking about a few tenths.

You would be better off playing with things like seat position, sunvisors, aircon vents... that kinda crap that costs $0 and could potentially gain you more.

Can you move the box around at all?

Well I have about 8 inches of play moving it forward or backward.. no room side to side.

i bet u $10 that version of danity kane is clipped

i cant believe u have a 145 w/ difference sized subs

Should have made the show so I could make a believer out of you... Ask CrumpT1 and Slapuhho about it they got to sit in it and hear it. I got another one for you that hits 145.7 different song Same day my third run. not clipped and not distorted and I believe this is your song unless you clipped it when you made it :) could have been Bigpimpin also I am not quite sure.

I actually played this song to get a laugh out of people and it worked... I was surprised it hit at my peak also.

Edited by Hotdog

i cant believe u have a 145 w/ difference sized subs

I could see it, i mean as long as he has them in seperate box's, tuned around the same i could see it. Still would be pretty tough to do though.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

I could see it, i mean as long as he has them in seperate box's, tuned around the same i could see it. Still would be pretty tough to do though.

That is exactly it.. dual chamber box tuned to the same freq

dougbox48-2-09006-1.jpg

dougbox48-2-09029-1.jpg

dougbox48-2-09036.jpg

dougbox48-2-09030.jpg

Edited by Hotdog