Morel......

CHINO11550

I'm jealous of you sir....

I want me some Morel or maybe some DLS Ir. 3 ways :)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Damn those are hot!

Would love to get an at cost hookup on ANYTHING lol.

Ask one of your homies to open a shop then im sure they will give you stuff at cost :lol:

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

Ask one of your homies to open a shop then im sure they will give you stuff at cost :lol:

HAHA!

Actually I personally have played around with the idea of opening a shop. I still havent decided on a career as of yet. Might take some biz classes in college and open a joint somewhere selling and installing. Then I would get a LOT of stuff at cost LOL.

[/tj]

Too many projects, too little time...

Welcome to the club man. You won't be disapointed.

P.S. They look great!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

dude those morels are HOT!

on a side note, ISO, that setup is badass...I may just build a speaker cabinet like that for my room. I'll contact u when i do, i know nothing of home audio :P

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

dude those morels are HOT!

on a side note, ISO, that setup is badass...I may just build a speaker cabinet like that for my room. I'll contact u when i do, i know nothing of home audio :P

Heck I'll do what I can for you man.

In the mean time I have started building my new home speaker prototypes.

I have a ton of work to do to these before they are finalized so I don't want to hear any negative comments as they are only a 1/4 of the way done and the little block of wood in the 1st pic is were the control for the tweeter will go.

I think Foreverbumpin might help me design my crossovers. Well I have questions about building them and I will most likely be building my own.

Sorry Forever for not getting back to you but this whole financial issue I'm going through is makeing me put alot of things on hold and I don't want to waste your time unless I have the money to back it up. I'm sure you understand.

Yes the mids and tweets will be sealed off on the finals.

My new prototypes:

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

How much air space is that Kicker going to get when its finished?

Well thats what I'm not happy about and need to adjust.

I tried a box program for the first time and my results are not satisfactory.

Rite now its a total of 4 cubes sealed verse the 1.5 cubes Kicker says for car audio. My original plan was 2.5 cubes for the woofer and thats what I might be doing.

I thought a Q of 0.707 was supposed to be super flat response.

First test was the woofer by itself full range and then a 1.5 coil for a 6 DB slope at 400 hertz along with 3 lbs of poly fill. (lol and the mid as a passive raidiator that I decided I better seal off after alittle bit for my testing.

Well I was very impressed for the most part but it lacks a little punch still for drums.

Well the 2nd part of my testing got me bumed. I cornner loaded it and took one of my original speakers and put it upside down on top of the new box to get the mids and tweets as close as I could to were they will be.

I'll be damned if the transition from the woofer to the mid (133 hertz, 6DB slope) was horrible, The mid and tweet was louder than hell overall but then I put in some rap on and that woofer came alive and played a certain set of frequencies louder than hell and would have blown some of you 15 inch guys away.

Rattled the whole damn house. 1 12 sealed 400 hertz and down. LOL

I'm going to take out close to half a cube of airspace and see what happens. If that works then I'll just seal off the mid and tweet together by building a simple L and the L-pad will be in that airspace too so I won't have to worry about leaks for the 12.

Theres a chance its a power issue but I think the box just needs to be shrunk.

Terryswork001.png

Archived