Lota Speakers Little Car!

its coming, brace your self, i laid the foam! and if the vinyl lays as smooth itll be sick! pics up tomorrow!!!!

here are the pics of the foam being laid, finally its all coming together!ill try to put em in order so you can kinda see how i did it...i will tell you it takes 4 hand to pull of some of these bends....special thanx to pstone11!!!

i started with the hardest part first so i could work all my wrinkles to the edges

Posted Image

working just a little at a time

Posted Image

there is the pod,hopefully those little stress wrinkles wont show to bad in the vinyl,at least there where you wont see if they do

Posted Image

lotsa glue and stretching, about 6 or 8 inches at a time to finish the panel and one good line of glue around the edge

Posted Image

then a flush cut that actually gives you a pretty nice 45 on the edge, so it can roll nicley over when the vinyl gets wraped to the back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

then i x cut all the holes and wrap them to the back of the panel, the cuts should make a diamond shape on the back

Posted Image

here are pics of the foam completed, the vinyl goes on tonight or tomorrow morning...more pics then!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its comming along Great!

thanx man its takin a long time but they are finally coming together...im doing the vinyl on friday night so if all goes well pics of the completed installed panels will be up late saturday afternoon.

well it was the bottom of the ninth on these panels and i blew it....bad!....sean 371 was right these panels are a nightmare to cover and i blew it big time. so now i gotta figure out what im gonna do...half glass...all glass...or just punch myself in the face!!! but i do have two more panels if i want to start over completly and just through imaging out the window for and easier build....yeah right i will figure somthing out and post some pics as soon as i do....any ideas are also much apreciated.

whats wrong? they look like shit with vinyl? Try a two tones approch a bit painted fiberglass but mainly vinyl

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

no they would have looked ok but i fucked up a couple of cuts and i had to put a seem on the back which i was trying to avoid...i think im gonna do a little design work and just glass the front with some sort of design(just like an opposing angle or something) so i dont have to go through anymore of this 30+ dollar a yard 360 vinyl i saved enough to do some pretty cool stuff i just gotta plane and do a little more work! gotta bunch of foam to remove today.....yay!!!!!!!!!!

Archived