Questions about PC gaming ???

Okay, so I'm a total novice with PC games. And as I said before > I didn't build my new PC for playing games..... but then I was thinking, "WTF.... I might as well try one or two, just to see how well my new PC can handle them :) Answer; With flying F'ing' colors ;)

I downloaded the demo version of Crysis last night (kept reading about how this game is kind of a standard test for gaming PC's) and holy $#!+ ! That is same crazy graphics for sure, but the new PC never blinked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my questions are;

What are some really good games {war, racing, whatever} with excellent graphics, and just generally well thought out / interesting / fun ??? Or should I ask, "What are your favorites" ?

Oh, and it sure is a beee-otch trying to play PC games with a PC keyboard :( I should be able to get a gaming handset controller for pretty cheap. huh ? $20 ?

Got my 30ft DVI cable on the way, to hook up my 46" 1080P LCD TV to my PC too :)

Oh, and > For those of you that "actually buy" PC games < do you usually get them from a walk in place, on a DVD disc ? Or pay for a download ?

I saw that Best Buy had Crysis for $29.95. Not too bad..... But I want to play the demo version with an actual gaming controller before I decide on that.

Any advice on PC gaming for a complete dummy ???

Thanks,

Fish

Yes. Learn to use a keyboard, as PC games incorporate a lot of keyfobs that can't be mapped to a controller (often).

Grab Half Life 2, Episode 1 and 2, and Gary's Mod. o lawd.

FEAR is always good, and I must say I really got into S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl. Really great gameplay, and the looks aren't bad either.

Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance is a visually intensive game for when you are in a Real Time Strategy mood.

Super Mario Bros. Nothing will ever beat World 1-2.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

In FPS games alot of people prefer the Keyboard and Mouse, they tend to give more accurate control, In fact alot of people that play games such as COD WaW and Modern Warfare on the PS3 use their keyboards and mouse, however when competing are not allowed to use it, as it is seen as an unfair advantage.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Learn to use a keyboard

Yikes ! You gotta' know that I can't even type on a damn PC keyboard, without looking at my "my finger" hitting the keys ! {long story..... no amount of practice could ever have made me a good typer} So anyway

a lot of keyfobs.... can't be mapped to a controller
For my lame hand /eye coordinated ass, that might be a "good" thing ;)

Will look into the games you mentioned though. Super Mario Brothers... that's funny :) I'm sure it's came a LONG ways since I played it on a Nintendo box 20 years ago :)

Hey I was just looking at this version of Crysis http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218084656925 and one reviewer said >

"Is that three of the number 1 most graphical games for 40 bucks? OMG it is!
So, are their like 3 different Crysis releases on this one disc ? If so, that sounds like a pretty decent deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, hey G-mobile, yea, World of Warcraft gets some of the highest reviews, but I saw some crap about having tp pay a monthly charge ? What are they F'ing kidding me ???? I'd rather pay $200 for the stinking thing, than to ever give them another nickel after my initial purchase. Same reaon I have an iPod Touch, instead of an iPhone. Monthly fees go against my philosophie on life ;)

Oh, and one other thing pertaining to World of Warcraft, and "any other" PC games as well...... I never, ever want to go online and play against anyone else. I am the least competitive guy you will ever meet.

Peace,

Fish

Yes. Learn to use a keyboard, as PC games incorporate a lot of keyfobs that can't be mapped to a controller (often).

FEAR is always good, and I must say I really got into S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow of Chernobyl. Really great gameplay, and the looks aren't bad either.

Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance is a visually intensive game for when you are in a Real Time Strategy mood.

Super Mario Bros. Nothing will ever beat World 1-2.

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick

This!

Get it, as well as Half Life 2, get CounterStrike: Source(costs $20-$25 at walmart, maybe less now). Most times you can get it in a combo deal with Half Life 2

CS:s is a good fps game.

Or you can goto SteamPowered.com and download the client for CS:s, TF2,DOD:s, and install it, you can buy/download the games with paypal thru steam.

Cod:4, team fortress 2, day of defeat: source aint to bad either.

World Of Warcraft is fun if you`re into that kinda stuff, its never ending. Been playing since 06 and it never gets old. Awesome if you have a good video card and stuff too!

HAHA, It got old for me fast. Got 3 level 40s or there abouts in a month and got sick and tired of doing same old stupid quests to level up over and over and over and over. I liked playing the game, I liked the scenery I guess, but the quests... PVP was cool, tho it sucked at a low level. I often found myself in places I shouldnt be like in the badlands as a human when I was lvl 12... Maybe if I still toked a ton of trees I would still play, but highly doubtful.

Paying the monthly service fee is bogus IMO.

If you been playing since 2006, thats ruffly 45 months and you spent almost $600 on montly costs, not including the game, and said expansions once you reach a certain level.

Tho they continuously are upgrading the game, adding things in, and making it better or maybe not better, but giving you more objectives to keep giving them money. :)

I can honestly say that I was never a mmorpg style game fan, or even rpg. I like my first person shooters/racing style games.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

TylerTron, well my PC is brand new. I went with an ATI Radeon 256bit, 1gb 4870 graphics card. 2.8ghz Duo Quad 4 processor, 8 gigs of ram..... Don't know what other specs you want ? Oh, my monitor is new too. It's a 23" ultra high def Samsung 2048 x 1152. And yes, I'm running Crysis at 2048 x 1152.... smooth as can be. Don't know what the framerate is, but it looks totally fluid.

The Orange Box, huh ? I saw that listed. Very good reviews.

Hey Bangin'

I can honestly say that I was never a mmorpg style game fan, or even rpg. I like my first person shooters/racing style games.
Yea, even being brand new at this, I can see myself going in that direction too. Half Life 2, and CounterStrike, huh ?

I hope I didn't screw myself up by checking out Crysis on my new PC > first..... as now I'm kind of worried that the graphics of a lot of other games might not imnpress me very much :( Oh well. At least I can kind of rest assured that my PC should be able to handle any current games I throw at it.

Peace,

Fish

i second the game fear!! one of my favorites. it's freakin scary imo. you could start out with fear, then they have 2 expansions, and it's just as scary, but fear 2 has amazing graphics and that damn lil girl....

and dont worry....i have both crysis games, and i am still impressed by graphics of other games like fear. (buy fear do it!) i'm gonna get the x-pac to it soon :)

I never got into CS:S but been playing CS 1.6 for about 5 years now.. Just got TF2 a couple weeks ago. If you are into it another steam client game you could possibly be interested in is left 4 dead, nothin better than wastin time killin zombies. l4d takes up the majority of my free time :)

Crysis I thought was one of the hardest games on pc graphics. You shouldn't have any probs with any pc game if your run that smoothly.

FEAR, Call Of Duty (the two latest ones), Left 4 Dead, Fallout3--by far the best game out (IMO), Counter Strike has too many hackers anymore, but still a fun game. About to try RE5 on PC. =)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown