• 3 weeks later...

Following this build from the beginning (for a few years now), and every and literally EVERY update is a masterpiece. And when I do watch this build I just want to get out to my garage and make something (it's a small not well equipped garage but in time i hope to make everything nice). Not like YOU SIR, but I hope something close. Thank you for the inspiration and I sincerely hope that I'll have a build log one day, not good like YOURS and like Mr Steve Meade's, but a decent build log.

Sad it multiple times and will say it again THANK YOU FOR AN INSPIRING BUILD, AND ONE OF THE BEST (if not the best that I've seen) BUILDS OUT THERE :D

Really would love to see this masterpiece someday, hope you will be able too meet up somewhere or something like that :D

One more time, thank You for everything :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi dudes. For the moment I’m still busy in our new home. We’re living here for about 2 weeks now.

Off course things aren’t completely finished, I’m busy completing and finishing off. Like making some extra cupboards, elevator, and some other stuff.

I don’t have any time left to work on the bimmer…

Elevator.

IMG_1471_resize.jpg

IMG_1504_resize.jpg

When I started on my garage a, I also said it had to be 100% finished until I started working on the bimmer again.

Well, I feel the same about my house, so you’ll have to wait a bit longer to see some more updates on the bimmer.

I’m longing for the moment when I can start again, because I’ve got many new idea’s about things I could do on my car.

And yes, quite a lot…and some cool things as well. But we all have to wait a couple more months.

Here some pictures of how the workspace looks for the moment. Many people may think it’s not beeing used, cause it always so tidy, but that’s not the case.

I try to keep it clean as good as I can…but I want it to get used for what it has been built for, so I don’t care about usage marks here and there anymore

P1020680_resize.jpg

P1020683_resize.jpg

P1020681_resize.jpg

For the moment there are some extreme hot temperatures here in Belgium, and I’ve got some trouble sleeping at night. Sometimes I get up at 3 o’clock and I can’t sleep anymore.

Then I just go to my garage, open all the doors, and do some more work on the cupboards I’m making.

It gives a wonderful feeling, and that’s all we need in this life.

See you dude’s

• 4 weeks later...

OP I cant even look at you right now. You're like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Current Setup : Nothing
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Something along those lines.

Unreal sickness. I can't even pick my favorite part...... maybe the copper tubing for speaker wire? I don't know man. It's all fucking sexy and extremely well executed.

Apple was following this thread. They saw you spent so much effort on that iPod dock, they had to change the connector.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

• 3 months later...

It’s been a while since I posted here. Renovations on the house are 90% finsihed. Here and there we need to do some finishing touches. But the hard work has taken it’s toll on terms of health.

Me and my wife need had to take it a bit more slow last few months, we really needed it.

So the bimmer is taking it’s beauty winter sleep under the sheets

I have purchased 2 Soundstream Ference Class-a 6.0 amplifiers. I came across them on a belgian ebay site, and purchased them immediately.

I also had these amps in my Fiat in 1996. Many of you would think “why the hell you buy amplifiers of 20years old”, but I know how they play, and what they are capable of.

When I bought these the owner ensured me they were in perfect condition. But when I plugged them into the BMW, I immediately heard somethings was not right.

The left channel of the first one didn’t play at all, and the other one had a left channel that cracked pretty fierce. Of course, I sent an email to the guy who sold me these, but until today…no reaction.

Then I started looking for a distributor of Sound Stream, but that was not easy to find.

So I asked the question on one of the forums in the USA, if someone knew anyone who could fix these.

After a few hours, I have many response. There was someone in the UK who can fix everything in terms of amplifiers.

So I did a few emails, and he said it was no problem to fix them.

What struck me is that there were many people replying to my question that I had to check the switches in the amplifiers, and try to clean them.

So I completely removed the switches, a surgeon’s work…

P1020725_resize.jpg

Here are the switches

P1020732_resize.jpg

And some pictures of how they look on the inside.

P1020727_resize.jpg

P1020728_resize.jpg

I cleaned the contacts with some sandpaper, and it immediately looked much better.

P1020738_resize.jpg

P1020739_resize.jpg

The second switch was slightly smaller, but it also had to be taken apart.

P1020741_resize.jpg

Then everything had to be reassembled and connected.

To my great surprise, everything working perfectly now .

Then I did the 2nd amp…and it also proved to work after I had hooked it up.

I 've tested every amplifier for over 2 hours until they got very hot , and all plays like it should.

• 4 weeks later...

Because I’m mounting the Soundstream amplifiers upside down, the inside should look very nice as well.

All the components must be perfectly straight.

The screws where the final stages are fixed with, I personally think, look like shit!

P1020783_resize.jpg

To just replace these screws would be simple, but the original screws are UNC (Unified Coarse) thread, and in Europe it’s metric thread.

So I have to retap everything for M4 screws.

P1020771_resize.jpg

P1020773_resize.jpg

After that I sinked in the original thick roundells, sanded and polished them.

I worked almost one full day to get to this result.

P1020782_resize.jpg

But I’m really happy with the result

On the inside, the amps will remain like this for the time being. On the outside a lot of things will happen, I’m afraid.

I think the aluminium casing which holds the circuit board, will get a treatment with the mill/cutter in the near future.

Are you kidding me, that is f***ing sick detail.

Archived