Time for EVO 2

First of all, I put everything on paper First. Drawed it all out how I wanted it, with some more pretty roundings in it.

DSC03360_resize.jpg

After that I milled some discs, and glued them on each other, and put in an M5 shaft.

DSC03329_resize.jpg

DSC03332_resize.jpg

Placed it all in the drilling machine, and put a little plank underneath. If you look closely you see a hole of 5mm in the plank

DSC03338_resize.jpg

Placed the drill below, and the little shaft is now in the hole. I did this so the MDF Block won’t be able to swing out of it’s axis.

Once this was placed properly, I screwed the drill tight, so it couldn’t get any higher or lower anymore.

DSC03336_resize.jpg

Started with the abrading proces again, and this time I didn’t use a sanding Block.

DSC03340_resize.jpg

This model looks a lot better

DSC03343_resize.jpg

Then I knocked in the front little disc with 3 little nails. This little disc also has a small side where the logo falls in.

DSC03346_resize.jpg

Abraded it all

DSC03348_resize.jpg

DSC03349_resize-1.jpg

Then I took away the last ring, and used the “klockdrill” to empty the inside;

DSC03350_resize.jpg

DSC03354_resize.jpg

Once I saw I was almost at the limit, I glued the final ring back on there.

DSC03356_resize.jpg

Every time I replaced the drill by a smaller one, and extracted layer by layer.

If you see how I’ve done this, you must be sure you don’t drill too far, or you’ll have a hole in your hand.

DSC03362_resize.jpg

DSC03363_resize.jpg

The whole family

DSC03365_resize.jpg

:friends::friends:

i think after reading this write up it's potentially ruined every other writeup lolz.

I don't see how anything else unless done by a team of professionals can top this.

THX MATE

:good::good::good::good:

Make it out of aluminum :drinks: OR carbon :good:

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

i love you

:bartmoon::bartmoon::bartmoon:

Such a fierce build

A YO STEVE, IMA LET YOU FINISH AND ALL, BUT THIS IS THE GREATEST BUILD OF ALL TIME

Keep up the amazing work

THX DUDE's :friends:

Now the cone worked perfectly for me, I just need to make some aluminium toggles to Mount it.

I drawed some models first, and then made one out of 10mm thick MDF.

I drawed it out on an aluminum plate of 6mm thick.

DSC03373_resize.jpg

I sawed out the toggles, and pasted them on the MDF, and held them against the copy mill with this result.

DSC03374_resize.jpg

You can also see that I modified the model a bit, on the front. I made it rounder, so it looks a bit like a sled now.

What you can also see on the alu, is that I used a new mill. The sides are more smooth then usual, but some polishing will still be necessary.

DSC03378_resize.jpg

DSC03384_resize.jpg

DSC03386_resize.jpg

This aluminium plate I made for the PPI, I modified a bit, so I can still use it in the new set-up.

DSC03389_resize.jpg

DSC03392_resize.jpg

Here you can see what will happen to the cone and the aluminium toggles.

DSC03517_resize.jpg

As you can see this stands in the centre of the amplifierbox. I also made a little carbon plate where it all is mounted on.

DSC03524_resize.jpg

Through these holes, the amplifier-cabling will go.

DSC03523_resize.jpg

For the moment, in the centre of the cone, there's a big blue led.

DSC03525_resize.jpg

If this will remain, I'm not sure. I also have a white little neon that fits into there.

DSC03575_resize.jpg

To divide the light a bit better, I milled a finer piece of plexi glass, and . This will come behind the JL Logo.

DSC03529_resize.jpg

Here you can see the result with the blue led.

DSC03543_resize.jpg

DSC03544_resize.jpg

DSC03556_resize.jpg

I think you can see that the cone is 10x more beautifully shaped. I call this is a female cone, a "conin"

DSC03554_resize.jpg

You can also see I re-used the aluminum plate from the PPI. This was a bit to nice to throw into the bin, so it's being re-used.

DSC03537_resize.jpg

The first cone I made, the one that landed directly into the garbage, I recovered.

I used this one to cover with carbon fire. I didn't had any problems with this.

DSC03562_resize.jpg

DSC03559_resize.jpg

About Evo2, I'm still not sure how to do this. It'll stay a mistery, and I'll have to do some magic. I hope there's something in my black hat...

Archived