Sonic Electronix

Nah, I look and learn. I figure I have a lot of time to plan, so I can get help from you guys before I actually do it.

And I actually meant dual chamber. No idea what the hell I was thinking quad for.

Any suggestions on a 4kw amp, though?

Still don't know why you wanna do a dual chamber, just gonna make more work for yourself and won't see any real gains from it... Just do a classic wall build, subs on one side and port on the opposite. Have u ever done any kind of enclosure build before??

My suggestion is what i run - American Bass VFL 400.1... It does rated power plus, isn't really power hungry, and can be run at basically any impedance without issues(I've burped it @ .25ohm without any issues and daily @ .5 ohm also). Other suggestions would be Sundown SAZ-3500D/4500D, IA 40.1, or RF T40001bd. All of which will do rated power plus some more and are super reliable(SAZ-4500D not released yet, but if it's anything like the other Sundown amps it's top notch).

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I've made a few enclosures, not to mention I know many others who have done proper enclosures.

I probably won't start this build for a few months, so I've got time to do a lot of research and planning. I've got work and college to worry about (plus, I don't make that much. ;P).

If I end up powering it with one amp, the wall will be a single chamber. I won't know until I know exactly what I have to work with. The back seat is still in (and will be in for a while), so I have no full idea on the space I'm given (no idea what it looks like behind that seat).

2012 Ford F150 XLT CrewCab w/ 3.5L EcoBoost V6

- Livernois Motorsports 93 Octane Performance Tune

- 6000k HIDs Hi/Lo + Fogs

- 5% Tint all around w/ 7" Brow (50% windshield soon)

- 6" BDS Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit

- 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

- 20" Chrome Ballistic Jester Wheels

- 4" Heartthrob Exhaust

- Airraid Cold Air Intake

- Pioneer AVH-P4400BT

- 2x Sundown SA 10s in under-seat ported enclosure. (ports+subs forward)

- Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP (T400-4 soon)

- Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components

I've made a few enclosures, not to mention I know many others who have done proper enclosures.

I probably won't start this build for a few months, so I've got time to do a lot of research and planning. I've got work and college to worry about (plus, I don't make that much. ;P).

If I end up powering it with one amp, the wall will be a single chamber. I won't know until I know exactly what I have to work with. The back seat is still in (and will be in for a while), so I have no full idea on the space I'm given (no idea what it looks like behind that seat).

That was gonna be my next question, if u had enough space back there for 4 15" L7s walled off... You're looking @ at least 4ft3 per sub and after port/sub/wood displacement, you're gonna need a big space to do it all properly. Personally i were you, I'd just do a blowthrough.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Still don't know why you wanna do a dual chamber, just gonna make more work for yourself and won't see any real gains from it... Just do a classic wall build, subs on one side and port on the opposite. Have u ever done any kind of enclosure build before??

My suggestion is what i run - American Bass VFL 400.1... It does rated power plus, isn't really power hungry, and can be run at basically any impedance without issues(I've burped it @ .25ohm without any issues and daily @ .5 ohm also). Other suggestions would be Sundown SAZ-3500D/4500D, IA 40.1, or RF T40001bd. All of which will do rated power plus some more and are super reliable(SAZ-4500D not released yet, but if it's anything like the other Sundown amps it's top notch).

nooo not the rf t4000 that thing would blow those subs trust me i had 3 of with 2 rf T1000 and and all my subs blew LOL and they were in a sealed box...the rf t4000 would be too much.

on the other hand if you can fitr this i would do 5 cubes per sub.

i did 2 15" l7's on 5 cubes per sub ported and it slammed!!

nope give me his # ill set him straight

lol

x2

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I'll probably buy all four and only put three in my truck and one in my gf's car. Not sure yet. Just not too sure I wanna put all four in my truck.

- 4" Heartthrob Exhaust

- Pioneer AVH-P4400BT

buy it thhats a sick deal

X2

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Buying them one at a time..

Hopefully going to pick up the first one today and probably make a box for it.

I've decided I'll be making three boxes for in my back seat (seats removed). All facing forward, sub at the top, port at the bottom.

For now, the box will sit with the sub on the left and port on the right, but it'll all come together eventually.

Don't have any yet.. but I hope to grab one today. :)

- 4" Heartthrob Exhaust

- Pioneer AVH-P4400BT

Why would u do a wall w/ 4 seperate chambers?? and why run 2 amps?? When u could find a nice 4kw amp that will be more efficient and prolli cheaper than 2 2k amps. With a single 4kw u wouldn't have to worry about having the exact gains on both amps to match up.

Also, have u ever done a build of this nature before??

yea itd run more efficient cuz ud have more impedance rise coming from a competitor stand point.. therefore runnin a amp per sub would help reduce impedance rise and get more power outta your setup than 1 big amp.. my .02

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals