Jump to content

Remote start season really brings out the nut jobs


Recommended Posts

Posted

Haha I've got a friend that owns one of the better shops in Tucson and I've hung out down there with the installers (get some free knowledge/install parts) and I have seen all the nuts come through there.

One person wanted a remote start system that would only turn on his A/C and Stereo because "if the car is on people will come steal it"

I've seen others wanting subs but no amps...monitors with no source....a 360.2 for a stock system with no amplifiers in a toyota corolla...list just goes on

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Posted

When I was working at a couple car audio shops as both a installer and/or sales person, i heard, seen and dealt with many people ranging from the simple just show them, explain to them to the full on asshole who trying to get free money and stuff from the shop. Sometimes I am glad, I don't work for car audio shops and only do stuff for family and friends.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

Posted

This thread delivers.

A guy I know had a problem with coils getting hot and a burning smell from the subs within a minute of playing his system. After turning off the bass eq and turning down the bass level, the bass boost, and the gain, I dialed in the deck and sub amp with my velleman. Listened to the whole hypnotized track with no warm coils or smell. You know what he said? "Its not as loud as it used to be." Ya think?

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Had a dude walk in one time saying his cousin's 18 was so loud that his box almost started jumping off the floor of his SUV and that when it starts to smell (and probably taste like) burning, that's when you know its really working.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7424 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...