I want to know if anyone has any tips/tricks to get HU's stop skipping when the bass hits. I just bought a panasonic HU a few months ago and the bass is hitting too hard and causing it so completely stop playing for a few seconds occasionaly, and skips quite frequently. I don't know if it's cheap burnt cd's I have or if it's the HU, and info would be great, thanks.

Edited by dlheights

Does it do it as frequently with normal cds as it does with burned? The only way to really fix the problem is to use a changer or you can try to add some supports to the cage.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

my head unit skipped so i just got an ipod.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

My head unit used to skip from the bass from the subs...I used to take pencils and stuff and wedge them into the dash between the head unit or popsicle sticks...call me ghetto..it works. It keeps the head unit from bouncing 1/4 inch up and down within the dash.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Panasonics are notorious for skipping. My last panasonic skipped with like one 10".. My buddy had an older Sony Deck and I think back then it was called Esp protection or something like that..Anyway that was the only Cd deck that I witnessed that would not skip. He had 4 15's and hit hard, and it didn't matter if you drove over a pot hole, jumped a railroad track, freakin drop it out of a plane it wouldn't skip...He would hit his dash as hard as he could and wouldn't skip...I wanted to purchase one, but before I could it had been discontinued. Sony probably figured out that the deck was indestructable and quit making them..Not talkin bad about Sony, just saying i was disappointed.

thats a +1 for sony. there decks aint bad.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/