Sundown Audio

i went to my first comp i have 2 z15s and a saz-2000d and i hit a 144.0 legal even though i removed the back seat. the guy who came in first hit a 148.0. i was in the street c class and it was equivalent to db drag street c

im going to try and build a box strictly for comps and c if i can hit a 148 and im going to sound deaden a lil bit of my vehicle. you think its possible?

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Need more details.

Vehicle?

Box specs?

etc.

X2gie...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

good job so far.

I didnt even get a top 3 finish until my 5th year of competing.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

144 is not bad for 1st comp. My first one I think I did a 127.8 or something like that. It was a VERY low number, but got me hooked to get louder. As Noobtastic said, "Build. Test. Build. Test. Repeat". That's what it's gonna tak euntil you reach the numbers you want.

And trust me, once you get that 148, you'll want to get 150. Once you get that, you'll want more. It's a never ending battle. Until you get to a status like Tommy, Alan, etc...

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

i didnt place at all. the top 3 guys were all in between 147-148.

its a 1998 buick lesabre. box i used was my daily box that is tuned to 38 hz with 75^2 inches of port. its 6^3 feet.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"